the wind howls, the sea crashes on itself

The Alcor was only a day's travel from Liyue when it appeared on the horizon. A black ship, its sails torn and a distress flag up, waves lapping at its hull.

"Captain!" Kazuha yelled from the crow's nest. "Ship spotted, in distress!" He looked back at it, studying the edges of the white flag through his binoculars. Old and ragged, like it had been gathering dust in the hold. "It looks suspicious," he mumbled, to himself this time.

"Comin' to help!" Beidou yelled out, working to turn the ship towards the signal. The sea was beautiful that day, sun shining on the glittering waves, the wind carrying through the sails. The horizon stretched as far as they could see, their mission was complete, and Liyue Harbor wasn't much farther.

Still, Kazuha had his doubts. He scurried down the ropes from the crow's nest, meeting Beidou on the deck. "Captain Beidou, before you rush into this-" he began, pausing to catch his breath. "Something seems odd about the circumstances- there hasn't been a storm in a few days, and there are no signs of life from the ship. It could be a trap."

"No need to worry about that. Even if we're out to help, the crew knows how to watch their backs. I'd feel worse if they did need help and we ignored them." She cracked her knuckles, flashing Kazuha a grin before turning her gaze back to the ship ahead. "And we're strong and know how to fight. Three Vision users and the rest skilled with their blades- we'll be alright, Kazuha."

"If you say so," Kazuha murmured. "Very well. I shall alert the crew, in case there is a danger." He disappeared belowdecks, returning shortly with Venti and most of the crew. Prepared for whatever may come, blades in their belts, ready for the captain's orders.

"Evening, motherfuckers," Beidou said, taking her hands off the ship's wheel. "Our lovely Kazuha has spotted a ship in distress, but he's saying it looks suspicious. So we're gonna go see what's up with them, and I want all of you on your guard. If they're hostile, don't wait for my orders to defend yourselves." She cracked her knuckles, glancing up towards the distressed vessel. The Alcor was closing in, only a little bit farther.

"I'll board first. The rest of you go at my signal. Kazuha and Venti, this goes for you too. Your Visions will give you an edge in battle." Tugging on her greatsword to make sure it was still strapped to her back, she stepped up to the edge of the deck. The second the other ship was close enough, she leaped over the edge and onto their deck.

"Hey! Where's this ship's crew?!" she yelled, one hand reaching back in case she had to grab her weapon. "My name is Beidou, Captain of the Crux Fleet. I saw your distress flag. I'm not here to hurt you, I want to help." She stood where she was, turning her head to the crew who stood on the Alcor's deck. Waiting for her signal.

"C-Captain Beidou..?" a voice murmured, weakly.

"Who are you?" she asked, narrowing her eyes and peering around the deck. "Show yourself. We mean no harm."

"We..?" the voice asked. Slowly, a figure began to creep out of the shadows. "You bring armed men to attack my ship.. just like the last ones.." It was a young man, shivering in tattered clothes. He held no weapon and could barely stand up.

Beidou's expression softened and she took her hand off her sword. "What's your name? How can I help you and your crew?"

"We were attacked.." the man began, taking a step closer. "My crew is injured.. we need medical supplies, our sails are ruined.."

"There's room on board my ship to take you somewhere," Beidou said, offering a small smile. "We're headed towards Liyue Harbor. Can we take you there?"

The man seemed to hesitate, considering his options. Stepping closer, his miserable frown began to change into a smile. A wicked grin that spread across his face as he stood straight and pulled a sword from behind his back. "Actually, we'd prefer to stay here, Captain." He thrust forward, his blade just barely missing Beidou's side.