Empty Skies

Another needle is inserted into his arm, the serum bringing a feeling that shoots pain through every inch of his body. He thrashes out with his claws, screaming through gritted teeth, begging for everything to stop. The Doctor doesn't care. The Doctor carries on with his work, his disgusting smile growing bigger with every pained cry Venti makes. Thrashing out every time Doctor cuts, cuts another symbol, another pattern, another equation. Venti's claws find skin and draw blood and then he's being held down, trapped by Doctor's assistants. They chain him to the table so tightly it hurts even more.

He truly is a monster.

Everything hurts so much.

The Doctor keeps him in a cage with barely enough room for Venti to sit up. Every modification made to his body stays sore no matter how many days pass. At this point, time isn't even measurable.

His emerald green eyes have turned a sickening bright pink, blue feathered ears have replaced his normal ones, and darker blue horns have sprouted on top of his head. His white feathered wings, a symbol of his godhood, have been replaced by the blue wings of a dragon. Three pairs, ranging in size and shade and going down his back, and they're so heavy. His hands have been replaced with pale blue claws, scales and little navy feathers going down his wrists, and a long teal-scaled tail wraps around him in fear. He sits in that cage for hours, days, weeks, unless The Doctor is performing an experiment.

At least once a week, Doctor brings in an opponent for him to fight. The same one. Every week. A bloodthirsty man set out to gain every ounce of power in the world; a man by the name of Ajax. He has brilliant ginger hair, blue eyes, and a sadistic smile that rivals The Doctor's. He wields a bow and carries swords made of water but sharp enough to cut through stone, weapons gifted to him by his God. Weapons that have fought every monster and creature found in this world, that have carried Ajax through all his battles. Battles that keep him going, that make him stronger every time he returns. The only reason Venti isn't dead yet is because it's against Doctor's orders. But Archons, does he wish he was.

"Good morning, my dearest little doll!" Doctor cries happily, strolling into the room with glinting red eyes, his perfectly styled sky-blue hair lit up in the artificial light. Hands in his pockets, Doctor holding something Venti can't see yet. "We're trying something new for today's experiment, hmm~"

Venti tries to back away, though there isn't enough space for him to move. Whining like a trapped little dog, whispering so quietly he won't be heard. "Please.."

The lock clicks and Venti is pulled forward by his chained collar, held down by Doctor's assistants as the shackles are placed on his ankles. Doctor pulls on his gloves and sterilizes a needle full of a bright orange liquid. "This won't hurt a bit," he hisses, the lie so blatant on his tongue.

The tip of the needle pierces the skin and white-hot pain spreads like a web, freezing his trembling body in place.

He crouches down on all fours, the high-pitched scraping of his claws on the floor grating against his ears. Ajax is here. The serum numbs his body and he squeezes his eyes shut, wanting nothing more than to leave. To die. To close his eyes and lie still until they left him to rot. Miserable was his existence.

"Reluctant as ever, little pup?" Ajax smirked. He licked his lips, water blades held in an iron-tight grip, staring straight into Venti's soul. Taking in the sight of him like a predator that already cornered its prey, ready to pounce and devour with no hesitation.

"I don't see what you get out of this," Venti mumbles under his breath. Scared of what would happen if he was heard. Doctor didn't like his experiments talking back to him, evidence of it displayed all over Venti's body. Reasons he was kept in a cage. Punishments for every tiny mistake kept him more obedient than any threat to his life. "I'm not skilled at all.. Might as well just kill me."