Chapter 51- Power

Ethan and Zeke stood before Morgana, ready to take her on as Akira ran to Eli's aid. Morgana narrowed her eyes at Zeke and he returned the action.

"Zeke-"

"Don't. I know."

"What a waste." She sighed as she said it and held a hand to her forehead to emphasize her words.

Zeke didn't think it would hurt as much as it did. He had seen her as his sister. She was his family, until she wasn't, and he wouldn't hesitate to end her life given the chance.

"Akira, where's your pretty little trinket."

Akira didn't respond as she haunched over Eli, trying to see if she could slow his pain.

Morgana was trying to provoke her and it wouldn't work. She hadn't even fully processed the fact that her grandmother was alive and well, the fact that she had controlled her, or that it was Morgana who killed her own stepson, Akira's father.

"Your father screamed as I tore his flesh from his bones."

In a second Akira's jagged sword was launched towards her grandmother making the woman sidestep the blade.

"Nice throw." She said as she looked back at the blade that was now etched into the wall behind her.

A fist greeted her as she turned around and she smirked as she held onto Akira's hand. Meanwhile Akira and Morgana had their tussle, Zeke and Ethan went over to Javier who was crouched over Eli.

"Why did you do it?"

Her eyes bloodshot, as she glared at her grandmother. Her grandmother had killed her father.

Morgana's facial expression twisted into what Akira could only describe as a pure hatred. "He took my daughter and killed her."

"Wha-"

"Your... father poisoned my daughter against me and killed her by making you, so I made him suffer and now it's your turn." The venom she spoke with caused Akira to flinch a bit and Morgana held her fist tighter and threw her into the nearby wall where her sword had penetrated.

"Your father married my daughter against my consent, I warned her not to marry a man from the mundane realm but she did and sullied my bloodline."

The hilt of the sword protruded out from her stomach and she coughed up a glob of blood as she held her hands over the protrusion.

Morgana stalked over to her, ready to put an end to the thing that had killed her daughter and as she stood infront of the girl with a hole in her gut, she saw her eyes. The eyes of her daughter, her very own brown eyes stared right back at her and she hesistated.

She had already been reunited with her daughter once when she died and she knew how her daughter felt for her child, despite never getting the chance to hold her or know her.

It didn't matter however, it was her fault Morgana's daughter had died and she would make her pay for it. Akira wasn't and would never be her family.

She stalked over to Akira and raised her sword to her neck, and with a final goodbye she swung the sword. Akira clamped her eyes shut, expecting a pain that never came Zeke had made it just in the nick of time and had stopped her blade with his.

"Zeke."

Zeke parried her attack and thrusted his sword at her making her take a couple steps back from Akira.

Morgana was weary of Zeke, if there was anyone right there that could possible take her down one on one it would be either him or Javier, but she had dealt with Javier by starting the ritual.