○<《Chapter 3》>○

《Chapter 3 - The Pressure》×÷×+××÷×+××÷×+××÷×+××÷×+×
I stand there confused and frozen at the door frame, my reaction stiff in my smiling face, I slowly grow nervous.

My Mum shifts in her seat and says awkwardly "Come sit down Y/n..."

I walk over as fast as I can so I don't feel as awkward and plop down on the couch, the only spot which next to my parents while Sukuna sits on the other side of the room, clearly different atmospheres from both sides.

Atmospheres such as the rich staring down at the poor menacingly with a smirk, Sukuna's aura leaking of red and despair of those who have probably been at his feet.

My Mum clears her throat and says "That red letter you saw honey... Was from Sukuna, he wants you to be his bride".

Sukuna continues for her, "I have recently seen your family has been having trouble so I would like to offer my generosity and marry you therefore saving your family from your money problems".

I reply "I don't think that's going to be necessary sir, I am happy working myself to the bone for my parents".

Sukuna presses "But this would fix all your problems so much easier in just a month" He leans in, trying to get to me.

I look at my parents, my Dad growls "Just accept it for God's sake! It's a good deal!"

I snap without thinking "I don't know this man! Why the fuck would I marry him without even knowing who my husband to be is?"

My Mum looks at the floor and mutters "That's enough Y/n, I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think you realize the money situation we are in really is".

I reply with a serious tone "Of course I do! That's why I worked my arse off today with Lani to tell you I managed to get enough money to pay our rent for the next few weeks!"

Sukuna coughs to catch my attention. He smirks and says "You didn't do that on your own. It's because of me you have that money, which re-enforces my plan to marry you since you can obviously see I am a great help to you and your family".

I blurt so suddenly "I don't want to decide right now! Can you please just go away Sukuna? I want time to think about this decision!"

Sukuna nods and stands up, my Mum takes my shoulder and says looking at the powerful male "Wait-" Sukuna shakes his head and says "No it's quite alright, I will come back and keep referring my idea Mr and Mrs L/n, in case she changes her mind".

×××
《Sukuna's POV》
I close the L/n's house door and think as I start to walk, 'You would presume I wouldn't be so persistent on getting married but this specific marriage will increase my buisness image. The richest man in the country marries a poor young woman, sales will come raging in from my buisnesses'.

I adjust my suit sleeves and giggle knowing what I have to do.

×××
《Y/n's POV》
I happily walk down the cobble street towards the direction of my work, occasionally stepping in puddles from the rain that poured down last night.

I hear a car pull up beside me and drive slowly, the window rolls down and Sukuna who sits in the passenger seat asks "Need a ride?"

I reply trying not to laugh "I'd never ride you" Sukuna smirks resting his chin in his hand, his elbow on the window frame, he asks "Ah, flirty are we?"

I sigh and reply unhappily "You have obviously no idea what my kind of comedy is..."

I speed up my pace and try to loose him.

Of course him being in a car doesn't help my case, Sukuna says "Last chance, want a ride or not?"

I reply "No, because knowing someone like you, you might try and make me marry you or something because I did what you wanted, probably force me against my will, you're a stranger offering me to get in your car!"

He closes his window with a smile and speeds past, I get splashed and drenched by a massive puddle.

Sukuna winds down his window and says before driving off "Shouldn't have worn white bitch!" He flips me off.

Just in the moment I remembered what Lani said:

"The most selfish..."