★ 𝑷𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒆 ★

Something was Wrong with the Empress in the morning in which The Scholar Emil came before her, she was more tired than she usually was. Her eyes weren't covered by her usual baby blue ribbon. But instead we're open revealing her light grey eyes. It was unlike the Empress to be late and in loose fitted outfit.

The council was worried about the tired woman before them. She was 18 this year, with her freedom being extended for purposes only her and the council know. The Empress was obviously being courted by the Scholar Emil who was a year to her junior. He was earlier than expected, then again the Empress was out of the Castle all of the week before, staying with Sir Emil. Emil was from a mixed family. His mother was Marnean while his father from the Obelia Empire both sides were fairly wealthy but both were killed on the way back to Obelia to meet his father's family, who were nobles.

The boy lived in the orphanage until he inherited his mother's house at the age of 15. All orphaned children inherited their parents items after they died, and if there were no children the property went to the next person who needed a home.

Once the meeting was over the Empress and Emil were left in the large room. Emil giggled as the Empress slumped back into her velvety chair. He walked to the other side of the chair and kissed her cheek, "Did you like the festival we went to last night your highness" he whispered into her ear, his nose being met with a quick but harsh tap.

"I did, but a best friend shouldn't get so personal with me, it's not like we're children anymore." Despite her behaviour Emil was in Xarencia's heart, she deeply cared for him, same as he did for her.

"C'Mon your highness, don't be so uptight." he whined, rubbing the place where her finger him. He knew how stubborn she'd been for the past 5 years, she refused to do anything but work day and night. And while he did admire Xarencia's loyalty to her people Emil couldn't help but want the girl to experience life and live freely. He was only whiny with her because he felt like she was the only person who wouldn't judge the Nationally renowned scholar for such actions.

Emil felt the ice cold barrier between Her Highnesses heart and his Intentions, both pure and impure, he wanted to shatter the barriers and hold her heart close to his till the day he died.

Emil planned the days ahead, to show The Priestess the wonders of the world, to have her experience the emotions that came from being able to live life to her wishes.