Truth

Luz POV

It has been about a week since Amity got discharged from the hospital, and I still wish I could've said at least one thing to her. I know it's for the better that she leaves me but I can't get it out of my head.

"Ugh! What is wrong with me?!" I say as I lay on my back on my bed, my hands covering my face. "If I can't even survive a week, how am I supposed to survive years?!" I lay down to my side. "Hopefully this gets easier..."

"LUZ! BREAKFAST!", I hear Eda shout.

"Coming!" I quickly jolted out of my bed, causing me to get dizzy for a sec. Then I make my way downstairs.

Aside from thinking about Amity, I have been trying to talk to Eda and King more. Well what I really mean by talking is being in each other's vicinity without starting an argument...or talking. Today seems to be like any other, I sat down with them at the table, and we all just ate in silence. It's not that I mind it but I do wish I had something to talk about.

Being able to sit here with them is something I thought I'd never get to enjoy again. The thought alone felt nice but actually being here right now feels more awkward if anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we are getting 'closer' but my actions are still looming in the air. What if I messed up too much? Do they really want to be a family again? Maybe it is best to keep my distance. Mayb-

*Knock* *Knock*

All of us turn our attention to the door, seeing as it's the only noise.

"I-I'll get it.." I said, pushing my chair back, making an irritable scratching noise. "S-Sorry", I remarked when standing up. I make my way to the door, not having a single idea of who it could be. It couldn't be Amity, could it?! No, no way.. right? I don't think I could face her. I can just imagine her at the door. What would I say? No, stop overthinking and just open the door.

Reaching the door, I slowly reach for the handle. I take a gulp before turning the handle and opening the door. Revealing who it is. Of course it would be her. She obviously has something to say to me, why wouldn't she? Especially all I did.

"Hey...Boscha", I said.

Boscha was looking down, closing her eyes and carrying an irritated face.

"I'm guessing I don't need to tell you why I'm here" she says, only opening her third eye to look at me.

"Uhh...well" I said while averting my eyes a bit.

"Ugh, why did Willow make me do this...?" She says, looking back down. "Anyways, I'll keep this short". When she says this, she pulls out a small paper out of her back pocket. She then starts reading it, keeping her third eye on me, "After everything you did, you finally got the chance to say sorry. Though you just let her go. Amity is now stuck living with the thoughts of this conflict that has no resolution." Then Boscha squints at the paper. "Uhh, hope you're reflecting". She looks up from the paper and shortly after hands it to me.

"Uhh..."

"Just take it, the note was for your safety. Willow didn't want to risk me arguing with you and end up punching you again." Just then Boscha got a text on her phone. "Well, time to go, wouldn't want to keep the gf waiting."

And she leaves, leaving me with even more thoughts.

'Ugh, as if I wasn't thinking about her enough.'

I slowly make my way back to King and Eda. We went back to eating as if nothing happened, yet this time I was thinking less about the awkwardness and started thinking about Amity.