Mother

Warning: The following will contain Abuse. Viewer discretion advised
Chapter 2

My eyes barely peek open, immediately getting covered by a mellow light, causing me to put my forearm over my eyes.

After a moment, I put my hand on the ground, and I blinked a few times which finally triggered the realization that I wasn't in my room, but instead I fell asleep at the cliff, my spot that I ran to, after what happened...yesterday.

Then all of a sudden, I was hit by a wave of memories of last night's events. I felt like crying, but my eyes were too dry, and puffy, which didn't allow me to.

I slowly get up on my elbows, feeling my bones stiff, making me slightly groan. I didn't want to move anymore, I didn't want to move ever again. I wanted to curl up in a ball and parish. 'No one would care, I didn't have a reason to live. I had lost that, and I held onto it for so, so long. It would've been better if I died before, then I wouldn't have experienced this. It wasn't worth it. I want to die...'

Thoughts repeated over and over again, it made me bury my face into my knees, holding them tightly. I didn't want to open my eyes, then I would have to accept the fact that this is reality, and not a bad nightmare, not something that would just go away.

*Buzz* *Buzz*

My ears flinched at the sudden noise, it was my scroll. After a long moment of hesitation, I open my eyes and grab my scroll, trying to ignore the urge to break my scroll. I didn't want to deal with anything right now.

Looking at it, I see it's Boscha.

Boscha: "Amity!" "Where are you?" "Are you okay?" "I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding. We can go talk to Luz and see what happened"

I stare at my scroll for a bit, then put it down, knowing that if I answer, I'm gonna get myself into something.

*Buzz*

I groan loudly and pick up my scroll again.

Boscha: "You do realize you have your settings so I can see if you have read my text. Anyways, I'm gonna call you now, since you won't respond"

The second I finish reading the text, my scroll starts to ring. I wait a few seconds, trying to release the hesitation, since I knew she would keep on being persistent. I then place my thumb on the answer button gently.

Amity: "Hello..?"

Boscha: "Amity, I know you're probably in a bad state right now. How about this, we go over there, to Luz. We can talk about what happened last night, and boom, everything will be all good!"

I could tell she was trying to be cheery, in an effort to comfort me, if only a bit. Her voice was slightly shaking, probably not wanting to admit that Luz is different.

Boscha: "Come on, let's go, I'll get you ice cream on the way. It didn't go well initially, but we also haven't seen Luz in a while. What was that one line? The one you always said with Luz? Something like; Let's fix this. I honestly don't remember".

Amity: "We can fix this together..."

I mumble slightly. Letting some memories sink in before responding.

Amity: "Fine, I'll go..."

Boscha: "Great! Where are you though? At a manor?"

I looked around, not knowing how exactly I would explain my location, I decided it was better we meet somewhere else.

Amity: "How about we meet over by the market..?"

Boscha: "Sounds good to me. Meet me there in 30 minutes"