I'm Sorry

Quick notes:

If something is this, then it is a flashback.

"Talk"

'Thought'

Chapter 5

It's dark out, no light to be in sight, but there, right in front of me is a girl that is shining. Her teal hair flowed like the northern lights. Her pale skin is like a star. She was like the sky, the sun, the moon, all of it, in this one girl, she was breathtaking. I dance with her, spinning her around, and holding her in my arms, as if that's where she belonged, right next to me.

'Huh?' I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't with this girl anymore, instead, I was in my room. I groan and use my forearm to cover my eyes. "Damn dream...". Even if I didn't want to admit it, those times were something I wish would've never ended, being by her, by Amity. I drop my arm to my side, sort of expecting King to be laying down next to me, but when I hit the bed, I was brought more back into reality, away from past moments.

Putting away the thoughts, I get up in one swift movement, and stand there for a moment, realizing I gave myself a headache. Shaking off the pain, I head out of my room, ruffling my hair in the process. I open my door and hear inaudible chatter from the living room. Making my way there, I see Eda and King, who goes silent when seeing me. Both Eda and King are in the kitchen so I just sit down on the couch, not wanting it to be more awkward if I sat closer to them.

We hit an awkward silence, this almost deafening silence. I felt like I was drowning, my thoughts became cloudy, and my eyes fluttered close.

'Luz I understand you're going through some tough times, but you must move on', words were echoing in my head. 'You understand don't you?', I open my eyes, seeing myself secluded in a dimly lit room. "Listen to me, you must move on, you have a loving family at home. Luz, be a kid to be proud of." 'Be proud of? Ha, funny', I thought to myself. My therapist sighs, "You have to put an end to your foolish actions." I look to my left, no longer wanting to hear things, and I close my eyes.

"Luz?", I opened my eyes again, looking over at Eda who called my name. "King and I are going to sell stuff at the market, want to come as well?" The tone in Eda's voice told that she wanted to rekindle this relationship, and even if I wasn't sure if it could happen, I decided I might as well try...a bit.

"Sure, I'll come", I said as I started getting up from the couch. When I stand up fully, I straighten my clothes, 'These clothes are fine.'

I notice King giving me quick glances, but averts his attention back to Eda.

Eda draws a circle in the air, packing all her stuff in a blanket and hanging it at the end of her staff, which she puts, leaning on her shoulder. She starts walking towards the door and both King and I follow her quietly.

When opening the door, Hooty starts talking, but Eda quickly shuts him up with a kick. Then we start walking into a constant pace to the market.

~~~

The rest of the walk is silent, allowing me to doze off in a world of fantasies and memories. A world of dreams and nightmares. Reaching the market, my ears get filled with chatter, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I stand still, allowing my ears to be filled with noise more, and in one blink I'm taken somewhere else.

I stand in a hallway, the school hallway, the one on earth. Groups of friends line the lockers, some giving me quick glances. I hear laughter, and I look in that direction to see a group of friends laughing while pointing at me. I could feel the embarrassment being shown on my face.