Octavia (Helluva Boss)

Just started watching this show and I love it, like a lot.

It is a pleasant life a bird leads, simple and natural, not knowing it's image ability to fly to be rare and incredible.

When one looks up and sees an avian in flight, does it think of the person looking? Does it think about the nature of the world or others beyond it's knowledge? No, it simply flies, and in it's simple mind, that is all it is, mere flight.

To the terrestrial being, with a large amount being human, flight is a desirable trait, and since the dawn of technology has man tried desperately to reach the skies as birds do.

Not you though, you rarely had time to think of such things.

Just as a bird flew without a second though, you worked without a second thought, worked two jobs to be precise.

Needless to say that your stress was high and your body wrecked with fatigue, you often returned to your apartment and passed out in your bed, as you long since expended your energy for the day and desperately needed more for the next day.

You never thought of freedom from your mundane life, and never expected it to come in a feathered body.

One night, as you slept deeply, dreaming of sports cars and Tyrannosaurs, you were woken by a blue light in your living room.

Believing you had foolishly left the television on, you entered the living room to find a lone woman standing there, a large book in hand.

Though calling her a woman felt odd, as opposed to the standard women you were used too, she appeared to have an avian appearance, with feathers across her body, sharp nails not too distant from talons, and a short beak.

The woman didn't appear pleased, as she mumbled angrily while swiftly flipping through pages of a large book she had.

Before you could process the strange sight in front of you, the woman turned to you and jumped, holding the book she was reading up to her face in an attempt at defense.

Woman: Who are you!? Where am I!?

You: You are in MY house, where I live. Why are you here?

Woman: I...um...it's a bit odd.

You: I figured that.

Woman: To give you the short of it, I'm from Hell.

You: Georgia?

Woman: What? No, actual Hell. The home of the damned And evil, as well as people who park in handicap spots while not actually handicapped.

You: Oh, that is evil...wait...hell?

You're concentration focused on the fact that you're talking to a literal demon.

Woman: Don't be freaked out, it's actually much more accommodating than you think...just not by a lot.

You: Ok...this is a lot to take in. Let's start with names.

You reached your hand out to the woman as a warm gesture.

You: I'm (Y/N).

The woman hesitated for a moment, then reached out to take your hand.

Woman: Octavia.

You caught onto her name, repeating it quickly in your head, the pronunciation giving a gentle feel to your thoughts.

You: Okay, next part, why are you in my apartment?

Octavia lifted up the large book she was reading earlier.

Octavia: I was trying to use my dad's book to sneak out of my home, but I must have used it wrong.