Who Are You

Yay! Im updating! I know I know, most of you really hate me for not updating in 10000000000000 years. I've lost the inspiration for this story sadly, ever since school got in the way of everything and cheer is getting serious, but I'm defiantly not abandoning this story! I could never disappoint, but I would like some feedback in the comments from you guys, I love talking with you guys too :) Anyways, I'm also having a contest, so if your interested message me! The contest will be for a new story cover! The one now is old, and I'd like to see what you guys think :) If you have any ideas message me or leave thoughts in the comments below :) enjoy lovelies <3

I panted heavily as walkers pounded on the door behind me. The hallways were like a never ending maze. "Are you alright?" Glenn patted my limp arm after checking on Maggie. I nodded slightly before checking the chamber of my gun. "I've got 13 rounds" I muttered, cursing in my head for not brining more ammo. I started checking around for anything useful in the small closet. "I have 28 rounds and a perfectly fine machete. I'll help look around with Rose, Maggie find something to brace the door. That lock doesn't look very promising." Maggie nodded and planted a kiss on Glenn's cheek. A sudden lump formed in my throat. Daryl. He wasn't in here, the group was split up by a hoard, but where could they have gone? Questions raced through my head as I searched for anything we could use. I pulled out a small tool box, finding what looked like a make-shift prison knife. Anything would do. The walkers had gone silent know, and it was eerily quiet. "Mags, knock on the door a bit" I asked. "Are you insane?" "Just trust me" I walked closer to the door, pressing my ear to it. It was dead silent. I have her a small nod, letting her know it was ok to knock. Still nothing. "Alright, I'm going out" I loaded my gun, pulling out my Bowie knife and handing the prison knife to Maggie. "Rose it's dangerous, we should stay together-" "I need to find the rest of the group" she gave me a concerned look before slowly opening the metal door. I felt my nerves tip over the edge slightly, but not enough to panic. It was so silent I could hear my heart beat racing in my head. I heard a buzzing, almost like, voices. Deep voices. My heart raced at the thought of finding the group alive, but those voices could have been other people, which was scarier than a hoard of walkers.I quickened my pace toward the sound of voices. Hungry growls of walkers stopped me instantly. The group must be close. A small sign on the wall pointed toward the hoard that read 'cafeteria.' They had to be in there, together. Safe. The word echoed in my mind like I was screaming it out loud. 'Safe.' There was suddenly sounds of light but sloppy footsteps. My senses were on edge, every little sound was a hundred times louder. I had to think of a plan, some sort if plan to get out. There was suddenly a burst of pain in my head, then.... Nothing.

~~~

I fluttered my heavy eyes open, blinded by a bright light. A sudden panic struck through my body. I was knocked out by something, someone. A shadow blocked the light, someone large. My vision blurred again, black spots dotted all over. I needed to wake up. I needed to get away. I shook myself back into reality, clearing the blur and sitting up straight. "Don't move" a cool metal was instantly pressed against my neck, stopping me in my tracks. The voice belonged to a man. "Well well, look who's awake. What's your name?" The shadow asked, pulling the knife closer to my neck. My head throbbed loudly in my ears, or maybe it was my heartbeat. I kept a straight face, refusing to answer his question. "I asked you a question, who are you" the blade was pushed closer to my neck. All I could think about right now was the pain all over my body. I felt like I almost couldn't remember anything. I rolled through simple questions in my head. Name, Rose Assana, age, 27, everything seemed fine until I felt the guy move closer to me. But his question struck me, who was I? Who was I really? The question stuck in my head. I could feel his breath on my neck, sending terrible chills down my spine. "Fine, be like that girl, but its gonna come back to bite you in that nice ass of yours.." He spat before his boot made contact with my back. I winced in pain and fell to the cold ground. I heard a large metal door slam closed. I wondered how long I had been in this place, and wondered about how the group was- I cut my thoughts off. The group. Maggie. Glen. Rick. Carl. Daryl. Their images rushed through my head as a panic swept over my body once more. I desperately tried to get out of the binding on my wrists and ankles. The rope burned my wrists with every twist but I was determined to get out, warn the group, protect them. I franticly looked around for a knife or a leverage to cut the rope, but all of my weapons were gone. I better get my bowie knife back or I swear I... My thoughts trailed to terrible things but I quickly stopped myself. I saw a glint of metal in the dark corner from the very minimal sunlight entering the room. I crawled over to find a small rebar, perfect. After 2 minutes, I had finally freed my wrists. I started to work on my ankles when I heard the door handle being unlocked. I quickly hid the bar of metal behind my back and leaned up against the wall, pretending to be weak. 2 shadows entered the room, followed by another smaller guy. I heard faint voices from outside the walls but the door was quickly shut behind the men. Finally I saw the faces that belonged to the shadows. one man was very large black man, with an almost Mohawk of black hair, the other looked similar, but was much smaller. The last one the men was a skinny white guy with a greasy black mullet. The looks in al of there eyes were cold and disgusting, similar to many I've seen before. They were all in prison jumpsuits, explaining the first guys behaviour. 'You have a group?" The white guy asked. I didn't answer them. I would never put the group in danger. The small guy lunged towards me, slapping my in the face. "He talking to you" I looked at him with as much hatred I could muster up. It wasn't the first time I was hit, and sure as hell wouldn't be the last. "No, I don't have a group" I spat as another hand hit my face. "Liar!" He screamed at me. The guy in the middle pulled the smaller man back. "Woah, chill. We only want to talk, right Andrew? Listen here, my name's Tomas and that big guy is big tiny, answer our questions and we'll let you live. got it?" He said way to gently. He was faking, liar. I glared at him once more before a scream drew his attention away. "What the hell?!" Big tiny yelled. My nerves were on edge again as I held the metal bar in my hands tightly. I heard voices from outside, almost shouting orders. It was faint enough so I couldn't tell what they were saying, but I had a gut feeling telling me to get out now. Now was my chance, Tomas held the door open while big tiny looked around franticly. I took this opportunity to finally snap the ropes around my ankles. I gripped the pole in my hands before jumping up and swiping Andrew off his feet with the rod in one fluid motion. I whipped around to hit Big Tiny in torso, knocking him down on the ground. Tomas looked shocked but the look was wiped off of his face and replaced with pain as the rebar made contact with his shins. I sprinted to the nearest door, finding it was locked. Looking around more I found other doors. Trusting my gut feeling, I twisted the handle. What I saw on the other side of the door broke my heart. Hershal.

« Prev