Terror

A/N So sorry for not updating, and for this being a short chapter, I've had cheer camp and work all week. But expect another chapter soon! Thank you lovelies! Please leave a comment on what you think about the story? needing some feedback, thanks xoxo

Time froze. All I could imagine was the pain that little girl felt. She didn't deserve this, hell no one does, but the end is inevitable. A gun shot rang out causing me to tear away from my thoughts. The ringing in my ears held the silence as Sophia's reanimated corpse crumbled to the ground. I felt light headed and black nothingness started to fill my vision. I tried to shake my head but it didn't go away. Suddenly my body went numb and I fell, being caught by Glenn. My vision blurred even more before I fell asleep.

~Dream~

I woke up to a bright light shinning in my eyes. I squinted and let out a hiss from the sudden brightness, blinking to get my eyes to focus. I looked around, finding myself surrounded by forest. It was probably around midnight judging from the way the moon was placed in the sky. I stood up slowly and reached for my bowie knife, only to find all my weapons gone, which was quite strange. A panic had settled into my thoughts but I wasn't going to let whatever this was control me. I got a terrible feeling in my stomach, like something bad was about to happen, and I had to run. I looked behind me to see a black fog rolling towards me. My eyes grew wide with fear and a sprinted through the trees. I dodged the trees with ease, doing this many times before, but somehow the fog kept getting closer. I could hear my heartbeat loud in my head, adrenaline taking over my body. The black fog licked my ankles, almost trying to pull me in. No matter how hard I ran I couldn't get away. Story of my life. I felt something snag my ankle and rip me backwards into the fog. It filled my lungs with a retched feeling. The fog twirled around almost suffocating me with the gases. All of a sudden crows started flying around in the direction of the wind and fog, some getting so close that they caught my hair. I had long since curled up into a ball, screams and sobs wracking my body. My hands flew up to my ears, trying to block the ear piercing screeches from the birds. The fog engulfed my lungs, taking my breath. I was suffocating in my own body. My vision soon went blurry again, causing everything to stop in its place, like it was frozen. I carefully stood up and walked over to a crow frozen in mid flight. Curiosity took over and I went to touch the wing. As soon as my fingers made contact I felt the earth floor give way, me falling with it into an endless decent. This was it.

~End~

*Daryl P.O.V*

I was holding Carol, not letting go as sobs wracked her body after seeing Sophia. I can't believe I didn't find that little girl. I failed, she deserved so much better. A loud bang rang out breaking the silence. Sophia's tiny body crumbled to the ground. I should have done more. I felt a familiar scowl cross my face and made no effort to hide it. Suddenly Rose passed out, falling into Glenn's arms. My stomach leapt to my throat in worry: Was she ok? Glenn picked her up bridal style and ran towards Hershel, looking very lost. This was his family we just slaughtered, but they were dead. No way of saving them. I helped Carol to her feet and passed her off to Lori, who helped her to the RV. I noticed Glenn now running back to the house with Rose, so I sprinted towards them. I don't know why I cared at all, but I wasn't thinking clearly today. I'll blame it on that. I jogged into the house and up the stairs, following Glenn into one of the bedrooms. "What happened?" I asked panting a bit. "She passed out, not sure why. Hershel said her pulse is low and her breathing is too slow, but I don't know what to do." Glenn replied franticly running a hand threw his hair. I honestly didn't know what to do either, she could be dying fer all I know. "What do I do?" Glenn asked me, sitting down in a chair beside the bed. I could see tears brimming his reddened eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but was interrupted by a shrilling scream. I jumped noticing it was Rose. Her eyes were wide and her face was painted with terror. Her breathing hitched when she saw me and she screamed again. Why was she scared of me? She franticly looked around the room and locked eyes with Glenn, and screamed again. I rushed over to the bed and grabbed her arm. "Rose! Hey!" another scream, this time she yanked her hand away and started thrashing. Glenn and I were both yelling for her to calm down but she just kept screaming, like her mind wasn't registering us. Glenn grabbed both of her arms and pulled her into his chest. Rose continued thrashing for a minute before she finally stopped. By now everyone except for a few people were gathered around the room, wide eyed. No one spoke, except for the sobs wracking Rose's body. I stood up from the chair and marched outside. What the hell just happened?

Glenn P.O.V

I held Rose in my arms for a good 15 minutes until she was passed out again. I have no idea what just happened. All of a sudden she just passed out, and then woke up screaming, and passed out again. I sat in the chair cleaning her hands from the nail marks she left. I couldn't shake the look of her fear stricken face from my mind. I rang out the cloth in a bowl as I heard a soft knock on the door. I looked to see Hershel standing at the end of the bed. Ever since the barn incident earlier he's been locked in his room. He started taking Rose's pulse and checking over her. "What was this?" I asked referring to Rose. "Night terror, she passed out from malnutrition, which just kick started the terror." He replied blankly. He just walked out and locked himself back in his room. I was still very confused about the whole thing, especially when Daryl just ran out. I thought he would at least stay to make sure she was ok. I shook my head, trying to get the events from today to suppress but nothing helped. "What do I do Rose.." I muttered under my breath, taking her hand in mine.