Traped

Rick opened the cell door in front of us, motioning for us to stay close as we entered the prison. I stuck to Daryl and Rick like glue, I wasn't risking anything. The dark, eerie silence made it unbearable to walk through. The entrance to the cell block was completely deserted, no walkers or humans. Maggie and Glenn stayed close behind me, checking around for anything. I walked along the wall, following Daryl to the entrance. The gate was locked, of course. Rick climbed down the small perch and unlocked the door slowly. We filed in quickly, scanning the cells for any corpses. I climbed up the stairs, scanning the cells slowly. My nerves were on edge as adrenaline pulsed through my veins. A walker popped out of a cell next to me making my heart leap into my throat. I fell back into Daryl's crossbow, earning a smirk from him. I blushed deeply and continued to scan the cells. Another walker popped out and only startled me. "After you." I nodded to Daryl as he ended the walkers 'life'. "It's secure?" I walked down the stairs, meeting up with the others. "The cell block is." "What about the rest of the prison?" Hershal asked while scanning the cells. "In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria and the infirmary." Rick seemed proud of himself for finding the prison. "So we sleep in the cells?" "We found keys on some guards, Daryl has a set to." I nodded, instantly uncomfortable with sleeping in a cell. "I ain't sleepin' in no cage, I'll take the perch." I was instantly jealous of Daryl for taking the perch. I can't sleep in a cell. The group found their cells, cleaning them up a bit. I was sort of lost, I wasn't sleeping in a cell, that's for sure. I walked up the stairs, sitting on the top. "You find a cell yet?" a raspy voice asked from behind me. I scoffed a bit before turning around, leaning back on my hands. "Ya really think I'm gonna sleep in a cage?" Daryl scoffed before moving over on his mattress. He motioned for me to come over and lay beside him. I playfully rolled my eyes and laid down on the mattress, laying my head on Daryl's chest. "Ya know, this ain't so bad." I muttered, listening to his heartbeat under my head. He grunted in response, making me laugh a bit. He shifted his arm so it rested around me, playing with the strings on my shirt. I started drifting off sleep when Daryl leaned down and kissed my forehead. "Get some sleep sweetheart..."
~~~~
I woke up to shuffling, feeling a shiver run up my body. It was cold without Daryl here. I got up, fixing my hair slightly and hopping down the stairs to meet the others. I laughed quietly when I heard a familiar redneck voice, "I ain't wearing this shit". "We could boil it" T-Dog suggested. I mentally gagged at the thought, "ain't enough firewood in the whole forest, no. Besides we got this far without em'." "Hate to say it but he's right, waste of water." I said walking up beside T. I threw a wink at Daryl before taking survey of the weapons and armor on the table. Carol startled me when she called for Hershal to meet outside with her. I still wasn't used to being safe yet, and I wasn't planning on getting used to it. "We gotta clear out the halls, Rose you in?" Rick asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Of course." I ran up my sleeping bags and grabbed my bow, slinging it over my shoulder with my quiver. I checked for my extra knives and sighed contently feeling the handles of all three. "Ready Darlin'?" "As ready as I'll ever be, Darlin" I said mocking Daryl with a wink. Rick had a small pep talk with Carl, and I swear I saw something spark in Carl's eyes. Rick gave him something to hold on to, just like his father he was happy to help in any way. "Great, let's go." I sighed silently and took my place behind Daryl and Rick. I felt Maggie place a reassuring hand on my shoulder, and I could tell she was as scared as I was. I hardened myself up and sent a small nod her way. Around every corner was a long dark hallway, making my heart race. Bodies of dead prisoners littered the grungy floors, making the smell almost unbearable. I felt something squish under my boot and cringed, noticing some ones intestines stuck to my foot. I wiped my foot along the ground and kept walking. Glenn painted arrows on the walls to find our way back. I jumped when I heard Maggie yelp. My heart jumped in my throat but a small bit of relief washed over, noticing she only ran into Glenn. I felt a smirk play on my lips but I quickly pushed it away. A small thump got our attention as my heart beat picked up, smashing in my chest. I pulled out my knife and gun, slowly walking behind Daryl. We turned a corner and were met face to face with a hoard of walkers. My heart jumped into my throat and I could barley hear Rick screaming for us to go back over the loud thumps in my head. Our path was cut off by more walkers. It was like we were rats stuck in a maze. "Rose stay close" Daryl yelled through clenched teeth. I ran with the group, with Glenn and Maggie close on my heels. Suddenly another hoard cut us off from the group. "In here!" Glen yelled just as a walker's hand grabbed my hair. I pulled free in time for the door to shut, locking us in a dark room.

Sorry I haven't updated in forever! Holy crap last nights mid-season finale made me cry like a baby😭 I already miss Beth, RIP Beth Greene💔 feel
free to comment down below to talk about it with me😘 ~Airie