• Prey • I

°Imagine°
Loki's failure to overthrow Odin and Jotunheim has far from discouraged the God of Mischief.

Not only does he have tricks up his sleeve, Loki also has you at his fingertips.

Somehow, a burden has turned you into the Norse God's unlikely accomplice.

Yet, Loki's eyes see you as something even better: his prey.
________________•••________________

     Heavy metal doors shut behind you, a profound boom echoing against the dimly lit walls of the grand space ahead

     Heavy metal doors shut behind you, a profound boom echoing against the dimly lit walls of the grand space ahead. Your breath formed small clouds with each exhale, the temperature in Odin's Vault tingling against your skin. Loki's affirming footsteps hit each stone step of the staircase, leading you down towards the precious secrets hidden within Asgard's palace walls. The sheer power within the Vault made the air around you heavy, and the many artifacts' energy was ominously enticing. It was coaxing you towards each of them, yet your gaze, tainted with caution and uncertainty, remained locked onto the figure leading you down the steps.
You weren't supposed to be here.

Your eyes glanced down, and on either side of the stairs the two Vault guards were crumbled on the floor. Ice coated their skin, their bodies quite literally frozen and solidified into a forced slumber. You inhaled sharply, lifting your eyes back up.

"Loki, what are we doing here?" You demanded, hesitantly matching the God of Mischief's steps down the stairs. Your eyes were steady on his figure, Loki's slicked back Obsidian hair reflecting the light from the torches like moonlight against the blackest of water.
His armour plates glistened against the green and black of his clothing, the tall God's head turning slightly as he reached the last step below. Deep dimples formed into his cheeks. A cunning smirk tugged at the corners of Loki's lips, his eyes looking up sideways at you. Their toxic green irises sparked with mischief, Loki turning to face you as he started to walk backwards on the Vault floor.

The God of Mischief clicked his tongue, his pupils widening and his lean arms opening harshly as he walked backwards in a mockingly welcoming gesture. 
"So many questions, {Y/N}. Though it is perhaps wise of you to question everything I do, it is quite irritating." His gaze followed you with each step you took down the staircase.

     You stopped yourself from snapping back a remark, running your fingers through your hair and pushing a few strands from your face. While the cold was slowly seeping through your clothes into your bones, the Prince of both Asgard and Jotunheim ahead of you was practically drinking in the power and temperature in the air.
"Pretty hard to trust the God of Lies," you retorted with annoyance in your tone. "Since I've been stuck to stay around with you, your 'ideas' have caused an indescribable amount of collateral damage, which I nearly became part of many, many times."