❤Chapter 2- Selcouth❤️

Selcouth (adj.) - Unfamiliar, rare, strange, and yet marvellous.

"You came into my life and made everything else feel like a rehearsal. Love always came to me as a question, but with you, it felt like an answer. I didn't know I had put up walls until you brought them crashing down. I couldn't figure out why love was different with you until I realized it hadn't been love with anyone else."

― Lang Leav, Sea of Strangers

I started walking towards the lunch hall to find Ayu

I started walking towards the lunch hall to find Ayu. I was passing through a room when I heard someone saying-

'Do you know the bride ran away.'

'What the bride eloped, but what the both families? Whole society will disgrace the bride's family.'

'And what about the reputation of groom family?'

I stood still in shock; my mind couldn't comprehend what I was hearing. I closed my eyes. How can she runaway and if she didn't want to do this marriage she should have declined earlier. But alas you cannot judge someone before knowing their side of story.

I thought to continue back going to lunch hall when suddenly a door beside me open. Someone came out and stood before me. I looked up and my breath got stuck in my throat.

"I- I- I...." I stammered. After few seconds of staring, I immediately bent down and touched his legs to take his blessings.

I stood up and again kept on staring at him, sweat beads forming on my forehead. Words swirled in my mind as to what should I speak, what should I say to him but not a single sound came out of my mouth.

I opened and closed my mouth like fish. "I- I-" Tears started pooling in my eyes making them glimmer. But before I could utter any other word, I heard him say

"Kashi ahat tumhi doga? (How are you both?)" He kept his hand on my head. That my end point of control and I broke out a sob. Tears started spilling out of my eyes and I kept crying softly keeping both of hands on my mouth.

He patted my head and I looked at him. He was giving me a small smile. I gave him a big smile in return still crying.

"Amhi chaan ahot. Tumhi sagle? (We are good. You all?)" He smiled.

"Ticha naav kay thevla ahe? (What did you keep her name?)" I again let out a sob thinking of everything. He is asking for her name! I have not talked to him in the last 4 years, I couldn't help but think about all things that happened which led my life have such drastic changes.

"Ayushi. Ayushi thevla ahe. (Ayushi. I have named her as Ayushi)" He nodded his head.

"It's a beautiful name." He exclaimed. He took a long breath "Did you hear about Priya? Did she said or expressed anything to you?" He asked sighing sadly.