❤️Chapter 8 - Ukiyo❤

Ukiyo (n.) - living the moment, detached from the bothers of life.

"Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning"

-Paulo Coelho

Arundathi's POV

Arundathi's POV

After completing my breakfast, I followed Mumma to the drawing room where Dev had called us. As I entered, all were sitting on the couches there, Dev was sitting beside the lawyer reading some papers.

I entered in, Ayu left my hand and went to Dev. He made her sit beside him and looked at me. I went towards them and sat on the either side of him. He signed the papers and gave them to me. I looked at him in question as to what papers they are.

"Marriage certificate." I was surprised but it was a different kind where you feel so overwhelmed with happiness. I gave him a small smile and started reading the papers. Arundathi Dev Agnihotri, it has such a richness in that name yet is a great responsibility.

"Dev......" I whispered. I looked at him, eyes moist. How can he just transfer his 15% shares on my name. I surely can't accept this. "I can't accept this, I mean what's the need of it?"

"Of course you can accept it. Its your right, you are my wife. And it's a rule of Agnihotris that the daughter-in-law gets 15% shares, Mom had them too and when I was made the CEO they were transferred to me." I still shook my head and was in denial.

He took my hands in his and softly but firmly said, "What's mine is also yours. Sign it and accept it." I looked his eyes, shining with honesty and affection and slowly nodded my head. I took the pen from him and signed the paper thus making me legally Arundathi Dev Agnihotri.

"What these papers?" I asked looking at the another set of papers under it. I took them and went through them. Now it was when my dam broke and tears started flowing. How can one be such a good person? I always thought that these rich people always had their heart full with ego and don't have any kindness but what is this person made up of? How can he have such a big heart?

"She is my daughter and I have that right on her. You can't say anything about it." I sighed and signed the adoption papers. Yeah, he adopted he and legally made her his daughter, Ayushi Dev Agnihotri and not only that her also made her the owner of the company he built himself 'AD Security Solutions'.

After all the things were done, he, Vishwas, Kaka and Pappa went to office and I went to our room. In morning he had told me that the space in closet would be made for me today, so I have to start unpacking my and Ayushi's things. Another room for Ayu on our floor would also be ready in next week. I was not comfortable at first with having Ayu in another room but then I also thought it would also be good for her.

I was unpacking and arranging my things neatly by folding them again. By the time I was finished it was time for lunch. I went down and had lunch. After few hours Mumma called me to one of the guest room to get ready for reception as the beauticians had been called. None of the outside people are allowed to enter any of the family members room.