❤️Chapter 14 - Filipendulous ❤️

Filipendulous (adj.) - hanging by a  thread.

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." —A.A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh

 Milne, Winnie the Pooh

Dev's POV

Last month was the most stressful month I ever experienced and I pray to never ever experience it again. Pari's sudden health decline was the most tortuous thing I have been through in my entire life. My little Pari looked so vulnerable, her always radiating face looked so pale, she was so weak that I just wanted to take her in my arms and hide her from everything.

But she was brave throughout all the things and have now healed properly. Today is her first day back to school. She is jumping all the time in excitement. Aru and I decided to drop her on our way to school and she also wanted to talk to her class teacher. We reached the school and Aru and Pari went in holding hands. I waited in the car, going through my today's schedule as she was in.

The car door opened and Aru got in. She smiled and settled herself while the driver started the car to the office. "Bolis teacher shi? (You talked to teacher?)" I asked her. "Yaa. I just wanted to inform her and talk about Ayu." She said smilingly. I nodded and then continued my work.

She got down in front of her wing escalator and got to our private section. I got down, went in our private lift and walked towards my cabin. Suresh came as soon as I get out of the lift and started telling me my schedule and any changes in appointments. I nodded, went into cabin and started my work.

I completed working on the ongoing deal and check the time. I noticed that it would be lunch break in an hour. I took out my phone and messaged my wife about having lunch as I know how much immersed she would be in work due all the break backlogs.

I shook my head and smiled thinking about my angel. I just wish I could tell her all the things in my heart. All the feeling I have for, tell her how much I love her. My thought got broken as Suresh came to inform me about my appointment now. I changed my love sick face to cold business face, got up and straightened my coat and went to the meeting.

Whole day was tiring and hectic. I just wanted to back home and relax in the comfort of the warmth of love of whole family. I got down to the parking, sat in the car and waited for Aru. It was after sometime she came. I looked at her to greet her but found her immersed and lost in her thoughts. I furrowed my eyebrows and called out, "Angel." "Angel." No response. My frown deepened, "Aru." I called and shook her shoulders. She jerked and turned to me, "What?"

"Where were you lost? I have been calling out for you since when." I asked her. Her eyes shows certain sadness. "Nothing. Nothing I was thinking. Ayu must have came home. Can we go home? I want to meet her." she replied with her eyes still glazed with that sad emotion. I nodded and told driver to take home. I looked at her and again found her lost in her mind. I let it go thinking it must after a long time she is away from Pari.