❤Chapter 5 - Natsukashii❤

Natsukashii (adj.) - a happy recollection of a memory or an event of past.

"I see you everywhere, in the stars, in the river; To me you're everything that exists; the reality of everything."

- Virginia Woolf, 'Night and Day'

-   Virginia Woolf, 'Night and Day'

Arundathi's POV

Car stopped moving. I looked out of the window and saw huge gates being opened. We moved in and a huge mansion came into view. It was decorated beautifully, shinning in its glory, having great architecture making it look like a royal palace. Whole city could accommodate in it, that much huge.

We came in front of the entrance door and the cars ahead of us and few following us from behind too halted. Men dressed in black came out with a huge rifles similar to AK 47 in their hands hung around their shoulder and wearing googles surrounded our cars and also some spread out.

A well-built man looking like their head in charge came and opened Dev's side door. He got down from car, walked around it and came to my side. Dev opened the car door for me and held out his hand. I took it and got down with Ayu's hand held in other.

We walked to the door where Mumma was standing with Aarthi thaal in her hand. Aaji, Rutuja Kaki and Chitra were behind her. Dev took Ayu in his arms and Mumma took our Aarthi. Chitra kept a kalash filled with rice at entrance and I lightly kicked it making all rice spread out indicating fortune will be bestowed on family and all the misfortune will be erased.

After the Grahpravesh, Kaki kept a plate filled with alta and told me to dip my legs in it and walk in leaving my footprints behind showing house's Lakshmi has entered. Then she held another plate with alta and told me to dip my hands and imprint my hands on the wall.

It looked like a reception area where 3 males and 2 females decked up in formal attire were looking at everything curiously. We moved in where two huge wooden door where present. Two males present on the either side of main door opened it and we all came into the living room.

It looked less like living room and more of huge hall. A woman in 60s came there. "Aru she is Meena Mavshi, she is been working here for 30 years since my marriage. She poured her life into this home and is more of family member. All the children calls her Meena Aaji." Mumma told me. I went to her and took her blessings.

She kept her hand on head and said, "God bless you." "Come on, dinner is ready. First have dinner and then retire to your rooms. You all must be hungry and tired. I have also made Gajar Halwa on occasion of welcoming elder daughter-in-law of the house." She told to Mumma.

We crossed the hall and moved to Dinning room. In the middle was a huge table were all the food items were kept. The table had 24 chairs, 12 on either side. Dev moved out a chair and Ayu sit and moved out a chair for me too then settled on the chair beside me on right.