Chapter 3

Venti stared at Xiao for a while. That creep was starting to get on my nerves. Why did he kept on looking at me? Do I look weird or something?

"Hey.. Xiao. Can I.. ask you something?"
The both of them stood still. They were around the Harbor again and their tour was almost over.

"Hm. What is it?"
Xiao again wasn't listening, he just looked away now that this ridiculous mortal was following him.

"I thought........Xi....oa?..."
Venti's words didn't even matter. All I wish to do was leav--

Suddenly, he grabbed my shoulder on a way, I could feel he was mad. Somehow, his powers were very strong. His grib slowly loosened when I turned around to face him.

"I was asking about the drink you promised me, remember?"
Venti smiled, but he didn't seem too happy about me not listening.

"Oh- right. Let's go." Xiao said, with an annoyed tone.

Walking, and walking.. nothing seemed to catch Venti's interest. I asked him a couple times what he wanted. But he just replied with "We're not there yet.. I saw it somewhere when we were walking.."

I almost just wanted to kick him. As I was walking behind him, he finally found where he wanted to be, apparently. But it didn't seem like a bar or anything at all.

"..Venti, are you sure-"
But before I could say anything, a strong force closed my mouth, I barely could see anything as wind quickly swirled around Venti, I closed my eyes as the lighting was too much and eventually, he was gone.

How in the.. I just stood there, looking around to see anything what happened. There was no trace of Venti, nor any anemo power.
I saw he had an anemo vision, but I didn't thought he would use it.

I remember.. he was talking so much none sense when we were walking.. what was he talking about? Gods? Power? Maybe even just boats? Ugh.. I wish I'd listen now.

It doesn't matter anymore- I should get out of here before--

"Hey!? What are you doing here?"

"Who dares to speak to an Adeptus like th--"
It was.. Venti? Huh.. but he disappeared a second ago what-

"Why did you walk this way? We were almost at the place I wanted to be"

"What? But you wanted us to-" Xiao felt his head, it was very warm. Warmer than usual.
"Why.. is it.. so.. warm.."

"Xi..ao?.. XIAO!!-"

a loud tud could be heard. Nothing more before Xiao passed out.

———————————————————————
Venti's POV:
———————————————————————

...What? Is- Is he dead?.. No.. right?

I sat down on my knees and felt the younger man's pulse.. and then the other on his chest. Still pounding.. Phew- I thought he died ther--

Suddenly, Xiao grabbed my hand, which was on my chest, he held my hand.. why was he holding my hand? And why is it so cold, compared to his body?

His hands are greatly damaged too, I lift up a part of his jeans, and saw his legs were bandaged tightly around his leg.
"Why are you doing this in this condition.. Xiao.. you're sick now, too.."

I picked him up, he's lighter than he seemed.. I should ask Morax where he stays over night. If only I could find him.

I carried him out of the alley Xiao walked into, and looked around Liyue Harbor with him on my hands. I got a lot of strange looks, but it was okay. I could bring him to safety.

———————————————————————

Literally hours later from walking, I could finally find Zhongli, taking sips of a glass.

"Morax.. *pant, pant*, I... I need your help.. Please.."

"What.. What happened?!" Zhongi stood up, Xiao's head was getting warmer the second. He held Xiao's head up, and checked his pulse.

"He passed out in an alleyway. I was trying to find a good place to have a drink to calm us both down.."

"..." Zhongi didn't say anything, he looked mad, and looked back at me. I felt a huge amount of guild land on my shoulders. I didn't know Xiao was in such a bad condition.. He looked fine but..

"We should get him back at the Inn. No, actually, I will. Just.. don't go with us. Okay? I'll inform you about what happened when I'm back."

I slowly nod, but before they were already gone, and I was just standing there. A lot of people were looking at me, so I decided to go back to Monstadt. Being here only would cause more trouble..

So I pulled myself together, and let the wind carry me away.

———————————————————————

770 words, it's a bit more shorter chapter, but it's certainly two a day ✧\(>o<)ノ✧
I hope you all have a lot of fun today, and enjoyed another extra (smaller) chapter!
Cya soon again~

(might not post on weekends but I'll try)