Chapter 7 (part 2)

"Hm! Tastes pretty good, Xiao! I get why you like it now, though I do miss some flavour.."

"Huh? Flavour? Who cares about that. It's not like that matters. All that matters is that I don't die of hunger."

"Ohh.. that's right! Your human-adaptal form still needs to eat to regenerate energy, hehe stupid me!" Venti laughed at himself and smiled at him.

"How about we go for a stroll after you've finished? Don't worry! We won't go too far from here. And of course, if needed, I too can protect you!" Venti winked, got up and did a little pose, Xiao looked at him, with sparkling eyes.

'How was he always so happy..' 
"Oh, uhm, whatever, it's not like I have anything else to do anyway."

"Okay? So what are you waiting for? Eat up!" Venti grinned, "Or I'll do it!"

"Okay, okay fine.."

Venti looked away and thought about what happened yesterday when the two of them were laying in bed and cuddling each other.. 'it was nothing too weird, right? Zhongli and Xiao must've done that a LOAD of times! Ha..ha..'

suddenly, Xiao's cold voice brought him back to where he was, at Inn. Xiao looking at him.
"Hey.. uhm.. I'm finished with my plate. Hello? You there?"

"Oh! Right, let's go Xiao!~" Venti grabbed Xiao by his hand and quickly dragged him out of his chair, and eventually to the roof.

Venti looked at him, Xiao looked at him, confused, until Venti said;
"Hold on tight! I know the perfect place to go!" Venti grabbed Xiao by his hips, and he grabbed him by his shoulders, and suddenly.. both their feet were off the ground, as Venti went straight up flying towards his destination, with Xiao in his hands.

Xiao looked at Venti, and then looked away, blushing slightly as the wind kept their feet up in the air.
"So that's what you can do with your vision.." he mumbled.

"Oh! No, no that's not all, hehe! I can do a lot more!"

"I- I didn't mean it lik--"

Before Xiao could talk, Venti and him already landed on the grass floor. Xiao looked up again, after looking at Venti's chest the whole time, and looked around. He suddenly got a flashback of his dream he had a couple weeks ago.. or was it already months?

"So, what do you think? I found this place a while back!"

"Where.. where are we?"

"You don't have to worry about that~ Cmon! Just follow me!" Venti grabbed his hand, and Xiao could feel his heart skip a beat. Why did he always feel this way when he was around this.. this stupid...-

"Xiao, I think it's time that I confess something to you, hehe.." Venti turned around, holding Xiao's hands as the wind carefully moved through the Cecilias and Qingxin flowers. Xiao looked into Venti's eyes, as he looked in his. The wind moving silently between them as Venti smiled.

"Actually, Xiao.. I am not who I foretold.. and.." Venti came a bit closer, Xiao becoming a bit uncomfortable, and started to blush.

"I.. you might've noticed, but I actually am a very old friend of Morax, or as we'd say, Zhongli."

"M-Morax? How do you know he's- wait.."
Wind swirled around them, Xiao looked around to see many of his old friends swirl around them for only just a second, Venti closed his eyes and smiled.

Xiao was tearing up, looking at his dead friends, still holding Venti's hands, he wanted to touch them, but they vanished as soon as they came, and Venti just looked at him, now only holding one of his hands.

"..Barbatos' the name, hehe~" Xiao's eyes widened, he looked at Venti and let go of his hands, he shook his head and seemed to be panicking.

"I know.. I know.. I'm sorry for hiding the truth, Xiao but I-"

"You.. you-"
Venti thought Xiao would hit him, because he lifted up his fist, but eventually, he hugged Venti tightly.
"Thank you.. Venti.. I.. I've always felt you were there for me.. I knew it.. you're still alive.." Xiao was shaking, holding back his tears when hugging Venti.

"..Xiao.. you know I would never leave you.. I made a promise to stay with you, afterall~"
Venti held Xiao's cheeks, both of the boys staring in each others eyes. Xiao blushing brightly, and slowly placing his hand on Venti's cheek, too.

They both came closer to each other and..

—————————————————————————

752 words- sorry! I left you all with a short chapter, so I decided to make a new part to it until we continue (*˘︶˘*).。*♡