Chapter 4

How could I ever have let him walk like that.. gosh.. it's all my fault.. why did I.. ARGH-
Venti thought.

he needed to know where he is. And how he's doing.. but.. Morax told him to not go anywhere..
I wish I could see him.. his face.. his body... I just want to take care of him. He looked so bad from what I saw yesterday.
Venti thought.

He is so sick.. he didn't think he.. he would ever wanna see him again, too.. he messed up- he should've not said anything about the drink he should've--

A leaf fell down, and landed on Venti's shoulder. It was damaged, just like Xiao.. Why do he keep on thinking about that Xiao dude? he knew him from before but.. he's never seen him before in his life..

'Oh.. how I wish I could just speak out his name, and have him around me agai-- Wait? What am I thinking?! Why do I care about him? It's not as if he needs anything, nor that he needs anything from me..'
Venti thought.

The leaf flew by him, he quickly tried to get it back. It was something he thought about. Something that somehow, had a meaning.  He managed to get the leaf, and hold it close to his chest. It was cold.. just like his hands..

Venti smiled at the leaf, and put it in his pocket. Flying (gliding) happily away again. Off to his beloved city.

————————————————————————

Zhongli was sitting next to Xiao's bed, Xiao was asleep. But again, he didn't seem to have the best of dreams. Xiao was sweating, he kept on turning and turning in his sleep and had a worried face.

The voices.. of everyone he had killed while serving that awful god. Those innocent people he killed. And why.. not just that, but why was he also hearing them? Hearing their voices might just only make it worse.

Xiao let out a scream, as he woke up quickly and sat up in bed. Still sweating, Xiao panted and looked at Zhongli. He tried to calm down, but he couldn't. Something was off. Why did he feel so.. weak? And.. what even happened that made Morax come into his room?

"Wh.. happen.."
Were the only words Xiao could get out of his mouth before Zhongli put Xiao's pillows right again. He certainly is a man of perfection..

"You passed out after your tour with..."
Xiao couldn't hear what he was saying. All that could be heard were voices. Voices, voices and voices. Nothing more. Even if he really tried to understand and tried to listen to him.

"..Hey.. it's okay Xiao.. you should rest now anyway.." Xiao could feel Zhongli's hand rest upon his head. Zhongli pushed Xiao kinda down and put his blanket above him again. Xiao gave him a small nod, and grabbed the blanket, closing his eyes again and almost immediately fell asleep again.

But God knew, that in two different nations, two different people had comfort of each other. How? Well.. Venti grabbed his flute when he was sitting apon the tree in Windrise. And played a couple tunes. It purely was wind who lead the tunes so far.

One thing was sure, Xiao heard it. Even from all the way back in Monstadt. He definitely calmed down from it. He felt.. safe. Someone cared about him. And suddenly, most of his problems had already faded for now.

Zhongli noticed that he was a lot calmer, and smiled up, looking out by the window. He closed his eyes, and enjoyed the tunes as well, as both of the men were fallen asleep in that room. Xiao in his bed, and Zhongli next to him in a chair.

—————————————————————————

After a while, Verr Goldet walked into the two of them sleeping. Zhongli was sitting up in the chair, and Xiao was laying down in his bed, he actually looked calm for from before.
Verr Goldet smiled at them, and slowly closed the door again, Zhongli opened one eye as she did, and saw Venti pop up behind the window, he saw him and waved.

Zhongli noticed him waving and looked at him dead in the eye. Venti knew that Zhongli demanded to stay away from him so he can rest, but still, somehow he found out about his place.

"I just had to let the wind carry the tunes and myself with, hehe.."
Venti whispered.

"I told you to leave Xiao alone. He needs alone time and-"

"Well it looks like to me, I calmed him more down that you did!" Venti crossed his arms, and tapping his feet on the ground a couple times.

"Venti. Leave. He probably doesn't even remember you from yesterday anyway."

"..." Venti looked down, and let his arms fall down, from when they still were crossed. He sighed and looked up again.
"You're probably right, Morax! I'll be taking my leave. I'm sorry for interrupting.. haha.."

"...Goodbye."
Zhongli said, crossing his arms too now. Xiao turned around, and opened one eye, because of Zhongli's rather harsh voice towards Venti.

Venti quickly pulled himself together again, and took his leave, gently floating away with the wind. And before Xiao could even look up, Venti was already no where to be seen.

"Who.. who was that?" Xiao said, rubbing his eyes a bit.

"Oh.. no one, Xiao.. no one... you need your rest. Alright?"

".. Zhongli. I want to know who entered my room." Xiao repeated himself, he didn't like anyone coming in without him knowing, apparently.

"..Do you remember anything of what happened yesterday?"

"What do you.. mean?"

"Of when you first got attacked, and to pay off your dept you helped me out with.. something?"

"Huh?.. What do you mean, dept?.. From the war?..-" Xiao yawned, a bit embarrassed he hid his mouth under the blanket, lifting it up slightly.

"..So you don't remember.. huh.. Well, there's no need to anyway. It's better if you set him and what happened out of your mind, too."

"What do you mean? Who? And what happened? Zhongli- where are you going?!"
Zhongli stood up, and walked towards the window, having his hands behind his back. And staring outside.

"Venti was his name. You helped him with a tour around Liyue. You did splendid, so no need to worry anymore."

"..Venti? How does his name remind me of something?.. And someone.."
Zhongli kept quiet.

"..How did- Venti look like?"
Xiao sat up, putting the blanket now on his lap- kinda.

"..Hmm.. He had dark hair, put in two braids.. His hair at his tips a slightly glowing green-ish.. he had a hat.. and..."

"Venti.. so that's your name now... Tell me Zhongli, do you know Venti longer than.. let's say- a thousand years?" Xiao looked at Zhongli, who know very well what he was referring to

"..." Zhongli said nothing for a while, until..
"I do not know 'Venti'. for longer than a thousand years, no."

"..Huh.. okay then. Thank you, Morax." Xiao turned again, and sighed. Why couldn't he just find him.. he wants to be around him again.. his tunes.. to hear his songs.. to listen to his voice.. that's all Xiao asked for. Just once more.. Venti.. Venti.. Venti...

"Is it really him?.."

—————————————————————————

1207 words! Sorry if this is a kinda shitty story but hey- I tried to post in the weekends ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(will soon make a better chapter I swear lmao)