Chapter Three

"Here, take it," Rocky grinned as he extended his hands.

   "Fishy, did you get this for me?" I smiled, looking at the tiny box. Rocky gave a brisk nod and came closer to me.

   "Open it, come on," Rocky's smile seemed to be getting bigger and bigger.

   I took the tiny box in my hands. It was wrapped in a cute little ribbon that I felt bad untying. I looked back up at Rocky. He was still grinning, waiting for me to open the box. I smiled and pulled on the grey ribbon. I lifted the lid and inside, something shiny sparkled.

   I let out a small gasp of joy as I took the small silver ring out of the box. Slipping it onto my finger I watched as it gleamed in the sunlight. Rocky outstretched his hand and I saw an identical ring on it.

   "It's a best friend ring," Rocky said, smiling. "now we match!"

   I grinned back and stepped foreword to give Rocky a bear hug. "You're the bestest best friend ever, and I don't care if bestest isn't a word," I said, my words muffled a bit by Rocky's shirt.

   After thanking him and saying bye, Rocky left to his house across the street. I looked at my hand and smiled, this was really the most unexpected thing that could have happened. After a few minutes, I began to really feel my exhaustion.

   I went into the kitchen and grabbed a random bowl from the cubboard and poured myself some frosted flakes.

   "Tony the Tiger, you have the best cereal ever." I said while staring at the grinning tiger on my box.

   "Sup sis, talkin' to inanimate objects again?" my brother said, walking into the kitchen.

   I rolled my eyes and continued eating my cereal. "Whatever Tim, don't act like you do't do it." I replied.

   "At least I got a girlfriend," Tim sneered.

   "At least I don't need one."

   "At least I'm not named after a princess."

   "A badass princess."

   "'Tony the Tiger, you have the BEST cereal EVER!'"

   "Suck it, Tim," I said, chucking the box at him. He ducked and laughed as the box hit the wall and exploded, causing frosted flakes to rain everywhere.

   "Heheheh, have fun cleaning that up, Zel," Tim chuckled, leaving the kitchen.

   Just because he was three years older didn't mean that he got to boss me around, I thought as I went over to the closet and took out the vacuum. I turned it on and started combing the kitchen floor with it as I suddenly felt a bunch of needles in my leg.

   "WHAT THE F-" I yelled, looking down. I saw my kitten clinging onto my leg.

   Oh yeah, I forgot I had a cat.

   Sighing, I bent down and picked him off by the scruff. He was grey and white and had the most adorable kitten face I ever saw. My parents named it something stupid, but since I always picked it up by the scruff, I called it Scruffy.

   "Man up, Scruff, it's just a vacuum," I said as I held him up and lightly poked his little pink nose. I put Scruffy down and watched as he high-tailed his way out of the kitchen.

   Walking into my room after cleaning up the kitchen, I flopped onto my bed, exhausted. I heard scratching on my door and went to let Scruffy into my room. His blue eyes looked up at me and he scurried into my room and jumped on my bed. He curled up into a tiny little ball and fell asleep.