Chapter Eight

I typed my password in and logged into my account on my laptop, sitting back as it loaded my stuff. I made accounts so that Tim wouldn't randomly take my laptop and be able to do things. The laptop gave a ping and I sat up, looking into the bright screen. I signed into IM and saw that some random person added me. I only ever used IM to talk to my friends sometimes, but even then I didn't use it much. I read the email of the mystery person and recognized it as Drake's. He was online, so I decided to start up a conversation with him.

---

ZELDA ▲ (10:08 PM)

   HEY DRAKE SUPPP

   yeah I know, beautiful grammar

   insteresting screen name you got there.

   ANYWAYS what was up with you today?

Drake (10:09 PM)

   Hey Zel.

   Well you always say that you're not the princess from Zelda, yet you choose to have a triangle next to your name

   Nice.

   And what do you mean?

ZELDA ▲ (10:09 PM)

   GOSH FINE I'LL GET RID OF IT

   and the time when you basically kicked us out of school today...?

Drake (10:10 PM)

   Oh, yeah that...

ZELDA (10:15 PM)

   uhhh... hello?

Drake (10:16 PM)

   Oh sorry... I had to feed the car.

   *cat.

ZELDA (10:16 PM)

   MMMHMMM sure feed your car.

   Anyways, what happened?

Drake (10:19 PM)

   .....

   Well....

   I can't tell you here.

ZELDA (10:19 PM)

   WELL WHY NOT?

Drake (10:22 PM)

   Because it records history and all that...

   It's unsafe.

   I'll tell you in person, not tomorrow, and not anytime next week

   Maybe next weekend?

ZELDA (10:23 PM)

   sure, why not.

ZELDA (10:33 PM)

   uhh.. since you're not answering I'm gonna go to sleep then.

   bye...?

---

   And with that I logged off. I closed my laptop silently and went to brush my teeth and such, and when I came back into my room I went towards my bookshelf instead of my bed. I grabbed a bag off the top shelf and tucked myself in. I opened my bag and whipped out my gameboy, flicking it on and using the light it emitted to see the games I had. I chose Yoshi's Island and switched the cartridges, putting the other one back into my bag. I lay back and started playing in the dark.

   I checked the clock. 2:02 AM. Wow, had I really been up playing for that long? I didn't think so.. I turned my gameboy off and slid it into the bag, getting up to put it on the top shelf. A breeze suddenly blew by my exposed feet and I looked up to see my door creaking open. I froze. I was terrified of ghosts and all things paranormal. Through the other side of the door I heard a moan, and the door kept opening slowly. A dark figure came through the doorway and slowly walked towards my cupboard. It slid a drawer open and reached inside, rummaging through my things.

   "DUDE GET AWAY FROM MY JELLY BEANS!" I yelled at the thing and suddenly covered my mouth with my palm. I didn't know what this thing was, it could be dangerous, and all I cared about was protecting the jelly beans that were in that cupboard.

   The thing turned it's head slowly and moaned again and I could smell it's terrible breath. It turned its head back around and started rummaging through my desk again. I carefully tiptoed towards my lightswitch and flicked it up, exposing the figure.

   There my brother stood, going through my desk drawer in his pyjamas. He turned around and I could see that his eyes were closed. I came up and looked up at him, for he was almost a head taller than me. I reached up and wound my hand back and released it. I narrowed my eyes as I heard the satisfying smack as my palm collided with his face and his eyes snapped open.

   "ZELDA WHAT IN THE-- why am I in your room? AND WHY'D YOU SLAP ME?" Tim yelled, confused.

   "That's what I should be asking you Mr. I'm-going-to-steal-your-jelly-beans," I said and motioned my head towards the open drawer, in which the open bag of jelly beans was. There was a lot less than I remembered...

   "Oh." Tim said and stared at the jelly bean bag. Just then my mom burst in and stared at me and my brother stainding in our pyjamas, with Tim rubbing his cheek slightly.

   "What in the world is going on here?!" my mom exclaimed, staring at both of us.

   "I don't know how I got here..." Tim mumbled, still confused.

   "Are your sleepwalking patterns back again, Tim? You used to sleepwalk all the time when you were a little boy, are you doing it again?" mom inquired, looking at Tim's pants.

   "WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT." I cut in, "Mom, Tim's been taking my jelly beans." I made a sad face and pointed to my bag. Fake sadness always worked with my parents. Mom glared at Tim and shook her head.

   "You'll pay her back for those jelly beans you hear that Tim? Also, it's very unhealthy to be eating them at this time!" mom scolded and I smiled to myself.

   "Oh.... okay..." Tim said, lowering his head in defeat and confusion.

   After that little scene, Tim and my mom both left my room and I stood there, my game bag still in my hand. Well, I guess I found out who was leaving my door open. I put my bag back and went to my drawer. I picked out a handsome looking jelly bean and popped it in my mouth, enjoying the popcorn flavor of the one I picked. I put the bag back and closed the drawer, going for the lightswitch now. I restored darkness to my room and stumbled to my bed, falling into it and fell asleep.

   The next day I woke up at around 12 PM, because of my little late night adventure there. I stretched and swung my legs off the bed, feeling the soles touch on my cold floor. I warily got up and made my way downstairs for breakfast.

   When I got downstairs Rocky was already there, and my eyes widened in delight as I saw him. He smiled at me, trying not to laugh at my ridiculous pyjamas. I ran up to him as he outstretched his arms and envelloped me in a hug. I let go and saw him smiling again.

   "So I see you're ready to go," Rocky said, smiling.

   "Go where?" I asked, curious.

   "You forgot didn't you?" he smiled at me as realization hit me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   CHEAP CLIFFHANGERS YEEAH

   Sorry this chapter wasn't very long, I can't continue it without it being TOO long :D and I want to update this but I don't want to make it crappy but I don't want to write right now but I don't want to make it too long so this is the result.

   Yeah congratulations if you understood what I said :D anyways, I hope you enjoyed this part, sorry about the length, since like half of it was IM.

CHECK PICTURES FOR EPIC YOSHI'S ISLAND GAMEBOY! :D