Chapter Seven

~~~

   I walked down the road and suddenly felt something bang against my knee. Looking down, I saw a big table in front of me. Losing my balance, I fell on top of my table and groaned as my nose met the smooth surface of the table.

   "HEY! Watch where you're going!"

   I slid off the table as it stood up on it's hind legs. It looked at me and crossed it's stubby front legs together.

   "You almost scratched my surface!" it whined and came closer to me. I backed up and it waved it's fist at me.

   Suddenly, Scruffy flew out of the sky wearing a cape and landed on the table's surface. Scruffy scratched it's face and the table fell onto it's knees.

   "NOOOOOOOOOO I'M MEEEELTTTIIINNGG!" the table yelled, slowly turning into a puddle of goo. Scruffy landed and put his paws on his hips.

   "SCRUFFY TO THE RESCUE!" he shouted, his voice a little too gruff for a tiny little kitten.

   I picked him up and scratched his head as he purred in my arms. He started meowing, but soon his meows got louder and louder and louder..

   "Meow.... meow.... meow... meoW... meOW... mEOW.... MEOW.... MEOW... MEOW MEOW MEOW BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP..."

~~~

   My eyes shot open and I slammed my alarm clock on the head. I looked down to see Scruffy meowing at me and pawing at my stomach, and saw that my door was closed. Well that's weird, when I close my door to sleep it's open in the morning, and when I don't close it, then it's closed. I think someone's messing with my mind. Probably Tim.

   I stood up and wobbled over to my door, almost falling over in the process. I wasn't used to walking in the morning, and my head was throbbing from yesterday. Scruffy jumped off my bed and high-tailed out of my room. I glanced at my clock and sighed, getting ready for school.

   When I got downstairs there was nobody there. I made my toast and spread butter on it, eating it quickly. I put on my shoes and jacket, and I grabbed my bag and headed outside. Rocky wasn't out here either, and it's nearly impossible for him not to be here. Finding this strange, I checked my watch. It was 7:55, and it was... a Saturday. Of course.

   I groaned and went back inside to see Tim walking down the stairs.

   "What are you doing up so early? You woke me up." he yawned, rubbing his eyes and looking at me. When he saw me dressed with my bag on, he started laughing.

   "Oh god, Zel..." Tim said in between laughs. "again?"

   I rolled my eyes and took off my outdoor stuff and swung my bag off the shoulder. Maybe I could get a few more hours of sleep... no, I was already fully awake. I sighed and went to eat a proper breakfast.

   After scarfing down half my kitchen for breakfast, I jumped on my couch and leaned back to watch some Saturday morning cartoons when the doorbell rang.

   "Tim! Get the door." I yelled over my shoulder.

   "Why don't you?" he retorted.

   "I'm lazy, and besides, you're closer!" I yelled back. I heard him give a sigh of defeat and went to open the door. I heard Rocky's voice and got up off the couch to meet him.

   "Hey," Rocky said and lightly smiled. "how's your head?"

   "I don't know, it still kinda hurts," I rubbed the bump on my head. Tim rolled his eyes and left, uninterested. "Wanna go outside?" I said, glancing back at Tim, who was eating my frosted flakes.