Chapter Four: Can't Get More Awkward

The alarm woke me from my dreamless sleep.I expected to walk to the bathroom and find that Jase was there,but I was wrong.I opened my door and he stood there,already dressed and ready to go.

"You a morning person, or are you trying to prove something?"I walked past him sluggishly as I spoke.

"I just...get up early.That's all."He didn't look at me.

"Whatever,freak.I'll be back."I closed the bathroom door.About a half an hour later,I was done getting ready.My waste length,black hair was straightened.I also had black eyeliner surrounding my light green eyes.This was my usual look.I didn't see Jase,so I went to my room, closed the door, and started changing.I slipped on a pair of my skinny jeans and a sweatshirt.When I was done, I started looking for him.

"Jase!Let's go!"I heard a noise from my closet.Great.Another weird person created by my grandma?I opened the door,more angry than cautious.Jase stood staring at me with a sheepish grin on his face.

"H-Hi,Kyla..."

"Hi?!You were spying on me!"I was enraged.

"Not really...I was waiting and when you came back,I didn't want you to know that I was here so I hid..."He looked almost scared.

"Did you watch me?!'

"...A little."He still wore the stupid sheepish smile.

I grabbed the tennis racquet that was propped up by the closet door."Jase,go downstairs before I make it impossible for you to ever have children,"I said quietly.He scrambled out of the closet and down the stairs.I took a few deep breaths.If I hurt him,my grandma would kill me.I went downstairs,waiting for Debby and Sydnie.

When I entered the kitchen,Jase almost had a panic attack.

"I won't hurt you...this time,"I said flatly.

"Thank you,but who are the girls standing outside?"He pointed at the door.

"That means it's time to go."I grabbed my backpack and opened the door,Jase following.

When Debby and Sydnie saw Jase,they both gave me looks that should only be given to a murderer.

"This is Jase.Jase,that's Sydnie and Debby."

"Uh...Hi."They all said at almost the same time.

"As the 'leader' of this group,I decree that Jase will be hanging out with us from now on."I was always the one who made the decisions,so I'm the leader.Debby shot me a glare and Sydnie smiled at me appreciatively.

"Okay!Let's go...Well,I guess I can't refer to the group as 'girls' anymore, so...Let's go,girls and one boy."Sydnie turned and started walking to school.

"Whatever works for her..."Debby muttered and started walking too.

"Are they always so...opposite?"Jase whispered.

"Yep.Come on."I started walking fast to catch up to Debby and Sydnie,Jase followed.

---------------SORRY THIS WAS SHORT.I HAVE A LOT MORE PLANNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER:) THANKS FOR READING!-------------------------------