Chapter Two:Weird Guy Named Jase...?

When I got down to the kitchen,my mother was standing by the sink motioning for me to go to her.

"Now,dear,you know that your grandmother is a little bit lost in her mind,so don't leave anything left out where she can see it if you don't want her tampering with it...We don't want another incident like the time she tried to turn our toaster into a butler with her 'black magic.'I've tries so hard to get her away from that..."

"Yes,mom.I understand,"I turned and looked around to make sure that she wasn't there watching us."Where is she?!"I ran back up the stairs and into my room.I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My grandmother was sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor with my sketchbook in her hands.She sat there grinning ear to ear at the book,which was opened.

"G-Grandma!No-"My voice stopped working as she raised a single finger.

"I knew you would come too soon,dear...I did you a good favor,but you can't speak about it.Whenever you try to tell someone,you will either lie without control,or begin to lost your voice.This is a favor.Thank me later."She gave me a smile as she got up and tossed the book to me.

The page was blank except for one word...Jase.She let her finger drop and my voice came back.I still couldn't speak through the fear that was inside of me.I looked down at the book one more time...When I looked back up,she was gone.

If the drawing was gone from the page,what happened to the boy?At first,I expected him to maybe fall from a shooting star like most things did in movies.I walked over to the window and got down on my knees.I waited and waited to act out the scene from Lilo and Stitch when Stitch falls from the sky in what looked like a 'shooting star',but it never happened.So,I decided to stop waiting and start looking for him...

I first checked under the bed...Nope...That's all that my imagination could come up with.I was done playing hide and seek with a boy that probably isn't even here.I opened the closet and was shocked at what I saw.

There,in the floor of my closet(that was about the size of an outhouse),was a sleeping boy.This wasn't just any boy...This was the boy named Jase.I was struggling not to scream.I grabbed the first thing in reach(which just so happened to be a tennis racquet that I used in middle school)and held it in a swinging position.

"Woah!Come now,Kyla!Let's not get violent with this!"He stood up with his hands in the air.

"How do you know my name?!?Think fast,I'm ready to take your head off!I still have some skills with a racquet!"I yelled shaking the racquet violently.

He put his hands down to his sides,"My name is Jase.I know your name because I'm your creation.I was sent from my place of creation to be with you.After all,I am supposed to be your true love."He gave me a dashing smile that made my knees weak and almost sent me to the floor.

"I-I don't believe it...My grandmother's crazy voodoo-magic junk actually worked?!"I wasn't sure whether to be upset or happy about this.

"Obviously,babe."

"No.Don't call me 'babe'.If You are supposed to be my 'perfect match',then you'll have to prove it.Make me love you."

"Ah,a challenge.I accept.But first,can you put the racquet down so I can feel a little comfort?"

"Oh,I suppose..."I set it back down."So,what now?"

"Your grandmother has already set me up to go to your school.I also have every class with you.She has also told everyone that I am one of her friend's grandchild and that I am here to get away from a bad family situation.Your mother agreed to let me live here."

"Wow.Did she have this planned?"

"Yes.She has many tricks up her sleeve."

Well...Okay.Come on,I guess you must be a little hungry or something...?"Jase shrugged.We went downstairs to get some food