Chapter One: The Beginning to My End (Edited)

I firmly pressed the barrel of the gun to my temple. This was it.It was too late to turn back. As I prepared myself to pull the trigger, I took one more sip of whiskey. It filled the empty hole that was left behind by my other half.

He was the one puzzle piece that was needed to complete myself. I couldn't even remember what it felt like to blush. Usually, he would be able to make me blush by saying something incredibly sweet. He was really good at that... I'll never forget.

I almost pulled the trigger when I noticed something that made me feel like I had been stabbed in the stomach. The teddy bear that was given to me by the love of my life sat on the nightstand watching me, as if it were begging me not to take my own life. The memories that I knew all too well were in it's eyes. It was given to me by him before I lost him...

I still remember the day he was created... I haven't lived the same since then...

--6 Months Earlier--

"Do you need a ride to school, honey?"

"No, Mom, the girls and I are all walking to school together."I said as I packed my things."Gotta go, Mom! Love you!"

"Love you too dear! Have a nice day! Don't forget, your grandma is coming to stay with us this week, so when you get home, she'll already be here."

Great. I get to spend a whole week with my crazy grandma. She studies some kind of black magic or whatever. If you ask me, she fell off her rocker a long time ago.

"Okay, Mom. Bye!"I stepped out the door and met up with my friends, Debby and Sydnie.

"Hi, Kyla!" Sydnie said in her usual, perky way. Debby flashed a small smile.

"Hey. Ready for the first day of hell?"

"Oh,come on, Kyla.10th grade can't be as bad as last year." Debby was laughing, probably to hide the fact that she agreed with me.

"Whatever. I just don't expect anything good. Let's go." I started walking, knowing that they were following close behind me.

The school parking lot was packed, as usual. People were out by their cars talking. I wasn't considered 'popular' ,so I didn't have many people to talk with.We entered the crowded building,trying to ignore the excited screams of girls being reunited and the high fives of the guys that were in groups.I could tell that this day needed to end fast...

As the day progressed,I heard more and more about some kind of Back to School dance.It was a formal dance and you had to have a date to attend.Normally,Debby,Sydnie,and I would all stay home or go to a movie on the nights of the big dances,but they both had dates planned out.

"Kyla,you can get a date.You're so pretty!What guy wouldn't take you?"Sydnie asked as she picked at the nasty school lunch that sat on the tray in front of her.

"The smart ones.I don't need to go to the stupid dance.Those things only make me feel like I have to depend on someone.I'll just stay home."I really did want to go...But the truth is,there were no guys that would take me.I had never had a boyfriend before,nevertheless a date to a dance.It just wasn't going to happen.

When I got home that night,I had forgotten that my psycho grandma was there.I entered the house with caution.I had expected her to come out of nowhere and try to stab me with a spoon or something.

"My grand baby!!!You've gotten so big!It's like someone has used my magic on you to make you grow like a weed!"She jumped out of nowhere and hugged me.

"Hi,grandma.How's it going?"

"Terrible!Your mother won't let me do ANYTHING!No magic at all!"

"Oh...Well,that's okay.you don't need it to have a good time while you're here."

"That's what you think...I feel so lost without it."

"Whatever you say...I'll be back soon.I have some homework to do."I went upstairs to my room to do what I do every time I have a problem.Draw it.

I took my sketchbook and pencil from my dresser and began to draw what I considered the perfect guy.He was tall and handsome.He had black hair that resembled my favorite character from my favorite manga;Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto.He had brown eyes,the color of fresh puddles of mud.And he wore a black T-shirt with jeans.I also wrote his personality next to his sketch.

'Outgoing and funny but also a little bit shy.Also will do anything for the one he loves.Will not be unkind to anyone unless they are hurting someone he loves.Will never give up under any circumstances.'

Now all I had to do was name him...I needed a name that made me happy.Jase.His name was Jase.

"Kyla!I need to talk with you!"My mom was screaming from the kitchen.I ran down to her,not bothering to hide my sketch or close my door.