Five

Now

"Uncle Sam is outside waiting for you, I'm going to talk to papa and I'll meet you there, okay?" Dean said, hands on Jack's shoulders.

"Are we going to see papa again?" Jack asked, eyes heavy with sadness.

"Of course we are, buddy. We're just taking a little vacation at uncle Sam's house, doesn't that sound fun? Think of it like a really long sleepover," Dean smiled as reassuringly as possible.

"Okay," Jack gave him a little smile, so Dean stood up and guided him out of the room. They walked down the stairs together and Dean sent Jack outside. He watched sam buckle him into the car before he was walking to the front door.

"You okay? You sure you don't want me to wait?" Sam asked.

"I'm sure. The drive alone will be good," he said.

"Okay, If you're sure," Sam stepped back hesitantly.

"I'm sure," Dean nodded confidently, something he really didn't feel at all. He let the front door close and he steeled himself before walking to the bedroom. He opened the door slowly, stepping in with a shaky breath. He rolled his eyes when they landed on the bed and saw Meg lying beside his husband.

"Cas," Dean called, stepping over to where he was laying. Dean sat on the side of the bed, staring down at his husband, trying memorize the peaceful look on his face as he slept. He reached out, smoothing his hand along the side of Cas' face. The action made the man stir, Dean didn't move his hand as his eyes started to open.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hi," Cas' voice was rough with sleep and Dean had a vivid flashback to all the mornings he woke up with that voice in his ear. It made his face hot with held back tears.

"Cas I'm leaving," he said.

"Okay, where are you going?" Cas asked as he slowly sat up, grunting and groaning as he went. This made Meg stir, her eyes opening and then narrowing.

"To Sam's," Dean said, ignoring Meg as he stood up, taking a cautious step towards the door.

"When will you be back?" He asked, rubbing at his eyes.

"Not for awhile," Dean said, looking down at the floor.

"Alright, well Meg was going to take me to some bistro today, so don't be alarmed if we're gone when you come back," Cas said. Dean breathed out, pressing his tongue to his teeth to stop the annoyance creeping up his spine.

"No, Cas, we uh, we won't be back for awhile, meaning we're not coming home. Not for a few days, or maybe longer, I don't know," Dean said. Cas stilled, his eyes finding Dean as his face crumbled into something panicked.

"Wow, abandonment. That's cute," Meg rolled her eyes.

"Meg, shut up." That shocked both Dean and Meg. Cas stood up from the bed and approached Dean with wide eyes. "Is this about last night? Cause I promise it won't happen again, I drank a little too much but I know it was wrong and I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, Cas, you were just having fun," Meg said.

"Meg, please get out," Cas said, pointing a shaky finger to the door.