Under The Stars

Just another day like any other day. Wake up, go to Uni, have lunch with friends, do some homework and the whole routine starts all over again the next day. Jungkook was more than tired of living this way, he needed something interesting to happen in his life or he would crack. 

   It didn't help that he felt like he'd made the wrong choice in his major. Thankfully there was always that one person who knew just when you needed them the most. Or at least when you needed a distraction.

"Come on Jungkook, it'll be fun! Besides you need some life in your life." Jimin practically begged while holding onto Jungkook's hand,

"No, I don't want to go to a party. Those things are only fun for you, minie." Jungkook stated with a clear and determined voice. Even though he knew if Jimin kept begging this way he wouldn't be able to refuse. Jimin had been his best friend since middle school.

"Please, they aren't fun because you don't talk to anyone. Maybe if you tried socializing it would be fun for you. Plus I need you there to make sure I don't get too drunk and make a fool out of myself in front of Yoongi." Jimin pleaded.

Of course, the real reason Jimin was doing this, his huge crush on Yoongi. He didn't know what Jimin saw in him. Of course Yoongi was smart, popular and handsome but he also seemed so carefree and irresponsible. Something he knew Jimin hated. 

But was he going to question his bestfriend's weird behavior. Of course not. Jungkook was just going to get dressed and follow Jimin and hope for the best. 

But of course things never go Jungkook's way, he'd only been there thirty minutes and he's already lost Jimin. He knew he would probably find Jimin where ever Yoongi was but he didn't really feel like doing that. As long as Jimin didn't get drunk (which b the way was very unlikely) everything would be fine.

While Jungkook needed a distraction, he had never been one for crowds or parties. He just didn't understand why people thought bad music on the loudest volume with a bunch of drunk people making out, having sex or doing something close to that was fun. 

So Jungkook just grabbed a can of beer and made his way to the rooftop and sat there looking at the stars. A habit he'd picked up since he got into Uni. This was how it always went, Jimin would invite him to one of these things and he'd end up being alone.

Not like he had a problem being alone l, but sometimes he really wished he was more like Jimin and Hoseok. They always seemed so comfortable no matter what kind of crowd there were in.

"I didn't think anyone would be up here." A voice said. Jungkook turned to look at the person who was intruding.

Said person made their way to the edge of the roof and stood there while puffing out some smoke.

"So why are you sitting here looking depressed? Bad break up?" The guy asked. Jungkook didn't know what to say. This was some random guy who just came out to have a smoke and here he was talking to him like they were friends.

He really didn't know what to say and it didn't help that the dude was ridiculously hot. His hair was grayish and Jungkook felt like he could get lost in his eyes. He had very sharp features and looked like a god. Jungkook knew he probably looked like a fool right now just staring and not saying anything, but he couldn't bring himself to stop looking at him.

"Uhh, can you hear me?" The guy asked while waving his hand in front of Jungkooks face.

Jungkook managed to give him a nod, even though he was very uncomfortable.

"What's your name?" Jungkook wasn't sure he wanted to tell a total stranger his name but he knew he was going to do it anyway. Maybe because this guy was so friendly or maybe because of his thoughts at the moment.

"Do you not have a name?" The guy asked before Jungkook could say anything.

"Its Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook finally said.
"Wow. I was beginning to think you couldn't talk. Well Jungkook, my name's Taehyung. Kim Taehyung." The guy now known as Kim Taehyung told him and gave him a bright box smile that Jungkook couldn't help but return.

"So kookie. Can I call you that?" Jungkook didn't know he bothered asking when he was already calling him that. But he nodded nonetheless.
"Why are you up here and not down there where the fun is?" Taehyung asked.

"That depends on your definition of fun." Jungkook said and looked up at the sky admiring the stars. They seemed so carefree and happy.

"They're pretty right? Sometimes I just come here and watch the stars." Taehyung said and sat beside Jungkook but kept a reasonable amount of space between them.

Jungkook didn't know why Taehyung was still talking to him. Usually he wasn't the most approachable guy. But something that he said caught his attention.

"You come here and watch the stars? Why can't you just do that at your place?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung chuckled.

"This is my place." Taehyung said and let out a sigh. Jungkook was confused, if it's his place then obviously he threw the party so why is he here and not downstairs with his friends.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I'm here then. Sometimes even the loud music and the sound of people shouting at the top of their voices can't take away that lonely feeling. The stars are a comfort." Taehyung said and laid down.

Jungkook didn't know what to say to that. Most people don't just randomly open up like that to people they've never met before.

"Do you wanna play a game?"

Jungkook didn't know how it happened but somehow he'd ended up playing all sorts of games with Taehyung. At first it was because he may have pitied him but now it was just plain fun.

Now here he was completely wasted thanks to Taehyungs secret stash of beer and laughing about something Taehyung had said. Jungkook couldn't remember the last time he laughed this much.

Taehyung stopped laughing and began staring at a ladybug on the floor. Jungkook may have taken this opportunity to properly look at Taehyung. It was a simple truth that he was attractive. Very attractive in fact.

What Jungkook really liked about his face was his eyes. Their color and the fact that he had a double eyelid on only one eye. That was just unique and pretty.

Jungkook kept staring at his face, taking in every little detail till he reached his lips. Jungkook wondered how they would feel. Whether they were soft or rough. They definitely looked soft. 

It was at this point that Jungkook realised that Taehyung had stopped staring at the ladybug and was looking straight at him.

Normally Jungkook would have broken eye contact immediately. But this wasn't normal. Him sitting with someone he'd just met today and talking about all sorts of things. Things he'd probably never told anyone. That wasn't normal.

Feeling like he'd known Taehyung all his life and acting so comfortable around him. That wasn't normal. Wanting to know the feeling of Taehyungs lips wasn't normal either.

Jungkook wasn't sure what happened but at the moment he was kissing Taehyung and Taehyung was kissing back.

It'd been a month. A month since he met Taehyung under the stars and a month since his started having a very evident crush on Taehyung. A month since he felt like he'd found that interest.

After that night they'd both agreed that making out for like thirty minutes and sleeping on the rooftop together was all alcohol. But Jungkook knew that was just what he was telling himself.

He'd found out that Taehyung went go the same University as him and was a year older. He'd also found out a lot of other things about Taehyung and today. Today was the day he'd finally ask Taehyung to be his boyfriend.

"Hey Tae." Jungkook said and ran up to meet Taehyung.
"Hey Kookie." Taehyung said and ruffled Jungkook's hair. Something he always did, something Jungkook really liked.

"Let's go." Taehyung said and linked his hand with Jungkook's.

Jungkook was sure Taehyung was going to say yes. Jungkook was sure he had fallen in love with Taehyung. And Jungkook was really grateful to Jimin for making him go to that party. Otherwise he wouldn't have met Taehyung.

He wouldn't have met this pretty boy who he really like right now under the stars.