A cliche love story

Everyone loves a cliche love story sometimes. Where the obnoxious jerk falls in love with the clumsy sassy girl.  Or the people who hate each other suddenly realize that it's just surpressed emotions. So today I give you my cliche love story.

My love story starts with my mom and her ex best friend. They basically passed the hate onto us(me and him). So right from childbirth we hated each other.

"Ugh, look they're at it again."

"Seriously? Can a day go by without them fighting?"

We fought over everything. Popularity, sports anything you can think of. This went on for a while until the last party before senior year prom. We were graduating and everyone wanted to do the lasts before college. You know normal teenage stuff.

"So for the first game tonight we play Seven minutes in heaven. Everyone knows how the game goes if you don't well you find out." Beomgyu said with a smirk on his face. It's always Beomgyu the literal life of the party.

"Now if you don't wanna spend seven minutes of your life in a closet you can always take a shot." Yes yes underage drinking. In my defence it's a normal highschool party. But don't do it kids.

Anyway of course he was there and as shitty luck would have it the bottle landed on us. Now of course there was no way I was going to kiss him. That was until he said those words.

"What's wrong Tae? Never kissed  before are you scared?" He asked tauntingly with an "I win" expression. I wasn't about to let him win. It was always a competition with him. And that's how I ended up kissing the one and only Jeon Jungkook for seven minutes...in a closet.

Days passed and I prayed for school to end. We didn't talk after that and it was awkward as hell because I actually enjoyed it. I was supposed to hate Jungkook not get blushy and nervous around him. I ended not going to prom. Don't judge me okay.

Anyway after that I went to college, he did too. Not the same college of course and I forgot about the whole thing but my mom wouldn't let me forget him. Always telling me about how Jungkook's mom wouldn't shut up about him at the women's gathering. Not that I cared anyway.

 I ended up as a graphics designer for a company in Seoul. Far away from my hometown. Life couldn't be better. That was until I happened to meet Jungkook again. This friends is why you shouldn't attend cocktail parties. Apparently he was a model and the face of the company hosting this party.

"Hey Taehyung." Namjoon called to me.

"Oh hey hyung. What's up?" I asked turning to Namjoon.

"I want you to meet someone. Maybe you two could y'know mingle." He said raising his eyebrows at me.

I rolled my eyes Namjoon was always trying to set me up with people. I guess he didn't realize I was single because I wanted to be. With my face it's not that hard.

"His name is Jeon Jungkook. He's a model so you don't have to worry about looks." Jeong Jungkook? Nah had to be a coincidence. There are a lot of Jeon Jungkooks in Seoul right? Right.
Wrong.

All my hopes of him being someone else were dashed. It was Jungkook sitting there looking hot as ever. But that wasn't the point. The point was that he was smirking at. The fucktard was smirking at me.

"Hey Tae." He couldn't even have the decency to say Taehyung. Nah he had to make it so obvious that we knew each other.

"Oh you guys already know each other?" Namjoon asked raising and eyebrow.

"No." "Yeah." We answered simultaneously.
Namjoon looked confused but he didn't ask. To which I was grateful.

"Come on Tae. Don't you remember me? We go a while back don't we?" Jungkook asked with an all too well known flint in his eyes.

Namjoon nodded. "Well then, I'll leave you two to catch up then." Obviously he didn't notice the pleading stare I gave him but what to expect from Kim Namjoon.

"So you don't wanna sit?" Jungkook asked. I sighed and sat down. The least I could do was be polite.

"It's been a while huh Tae. You're as tall as me now." Jungkook snickered.

"First off I've always been tall. Frankly speaking you've grown. And I saw you last Christmas." I replied.

"Yes but we didn't talk. We haven't talked since high school actually." Jungkook said.

"Well yeah I guess." I replied not really knowing what to say.

"So you actually went ahead with your plans of becoming a graphics designer. Good for you." Jungkook had always said he'd wanted to be a Doctor.

"What about you? What happened to Doctor Jeon?" I teased.

"Doctor Jeon is long gone. I realized that was my mom's dream not mine. Just like her dream to finish what she started with your mom and beat you at everything." He said with a smile. I'd never thought about it back then but when he mentioned it.

"I guess that was my mom's dream too. Kinda sad don't you think."

"It is. But I gotta thank you for being competition tho. I probably wouldn't have tried so hard." Jungkook replied.

"I was the competition? You were effortlessly good at everything. I should be thanking you." I said and Jungkook smiled.

"You can. By going out for dinner with me."
Yeah those butterflies came back but as rampaging pigeons. Evolution took it's place.

"So you're asking me out right now."
"Only if you want."

Yeah we ended up going on that date. And two more after that. I didn't think Jungkook could be so nice. It was always hate and fights back in highschool.

"I thought you hated me." Jungkook told me on a walk.

"I did but that was only because I thought you hated me. So I tried to hate you more than you hated me." That sounds ridiculous I know. Jungkook laughed.

"I guess everything really was a competition." Jungkook said and intertwined our fingers.

"But that can change right?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"I think it already has." I replied watching him.

He kept taking little steps till he closed the gap between us. Just the like the first time I felt sparks and my heart pounded hard in my chest.

But this time. I didn't regret it.