Everything's Coming Up Lucifer

"Fill the bag with everything on display." The robber demanded, "Hurry up!"

Maya cleared her throat, causing the man to turn and see her and Lucifer in the room.

"Such a cliché," Lucifer claimed. "I mean, for one, those are all conflict diamonds. Terrible karma. But more importantly, is this really how you want to spend your time on Earth?"

"I don't know who you are, but if you don't step back, I will kill you,"

Maya chuckled as she raised her own gun towards the man "You can try,"

"But that's not what you really desire, is it?" Lucifer wondered.

The robber took off his mask "No, it isn't,"

"So what do you want?"

"Freedom,"

"Oh!" Lucifer looked at Maya "Just as I suspected. You were tired of being a prisoner, weren't you?"

"Yeah. That's right, I...I couldn't take it anymore,"

"So you wanted to break your shackles, be reborn,"

"I did,"

"So you escaped Hell looking for an empty body, and found this poor sod who just died of a heart attack, and now here you are wreaking havoc on Earth. The jig is up. We found you, Mom,"

The robber became confused "Wait. What?"

Maya rolled her eyes "You just said you wanted to escape your shackles,"

"Yeah. When the paramedics brought me back, I realized I needed to be free,"

"Yes, from Hell," Lucifer said.

"No, man, from debt,"

"Seven hells," Maya groaned.

"I owe a ton of money. And this was gonna get me out from underneath it. You know what? I'm sick of this. The two of you are..."

Lucifer looked over at Maya "It's not Mom,"

"Oh. You think?" Maya sassed.

"Well, we had to check, she doesn't have a body. She must have entered a human form of someone who's recently died. Which means anyone who kicked the bucket whilst Amenadiel was sleeping on the job,"

"Lucifer, he was the last one on our list," Maya noted.

"Well, we must have missed one,"

"Or maybe she's not in Los Angeles,"

"No, no, she's here. I kept her prisoner for thousands of years. She's coming for me, I know it. We just need to get to her first,"

Maya nodded towards the robber "At least let me take him down, and I'll text Chloe to come pick him up,"

Lucifer looked back at the robber who only looked confused as the duo had a conversation right in front of him "Fine. But make it snappy, we're late to a crime scene,"

***

"Good to be back on the studio set, Detective?" Lucifer teased Chloe.

"Not really," Chloe admitted.

"It's bringing back memories of your acting days? You're feeling nostalgic? Sure I can find some horny teenagers in a hot tub. 'Cause the movie you were in was..."

"She gets it," Maya interrupted. She looked at Chloe "Everything all right, Chlo? You seem distracted,"

"Should ask you the same thing. Coming into work late and now I have to call you Maya Winchester," Chloe said.