Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire [3]

"She's a maid at the hotel," Ella explained to the group in her office

"Explains why she didn't find our dead guy," Maya whispered to Lucifer, only to get the others to glance over at her. She shrugged "'Cause you know, she was dead,"

"Anyway," Ella continued "okay, no open wounds, so she's definitely not our Cinderella who bled all over the place." She pointed to the pictures in front of her "You see the bruising and the semi-circular marks on her neck?"

"Strangled," Maya noted.

"A-ha. Long fingernails, which means the killer is female," Lucifer claimed.

"Not necessarily." Ella negated "I mean, the marks aren't deep. It could just be a dude who's not a serious man groomer,"

"Come on," Lucifer muttered to Maya "it's so obvious. Your Cinder-hellion had just plunged a screwdriver into the poor lad when she was interrupted by the chambermaid who she then snuffed out with her bare hands,"

Chloe looked over at Maya "'Chambermaid'?'"

"We played a little bit of Clue last night," Maya lied.

"I love that game," Ella mused.

"I really don't think it's the missing woman, Lucifer," Dan proclaimed. "It's a little unusual for a woman to strangle someone,"

"Not really," Maya admitted with a shake of her head. "Besides look at the size of the bruising. Clearly not man hands,"

"I've seen some guys with some pretty tiny lady hands," Ella said.

"Dan doesn't count," Lucifer argued.

"Come on," Dan huffed.

"Regardless," Chloe interrupted "the maid's death wasn't planned. I still think we're looking at a third party, someone attacking the couple when the maid entered,"

"The killer then dragged the maid into the bedroom, where they struggled until he finally managed to strangle her," Dan added.

"Which gave our Cinderella time to get the hell out of there,"

"I couldn't agree less," Lucifer said. "And she needs to go straight to Hell as soon as possible. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to make a call,"

"Call..." Maya looked up "Did we get anything on that cellphone?"

"Oh, right." Ella remembered "Uh, totally forgot. No. No. Could not recover anything from the SIM card. Water and phones...Bad news. I dropped mine in the toilet once. That sucked,"

"Damn, so much for that," Dan interrupted Ella's story.

"Uh, no. No 'cause I did get a serial number off of it, so I know who bought it, at least." Ella looked at her piece of paper "Richards and Wheeler. High-end law firm in Beverly Hills,"

Maya groaned "I hate lawyers,"

"Next time, if you want, you know, you just lead with that information," Chloe told Ella. "If you want,"

"Okay, Boss, where do you want me?" Dan asked Chloe

"I'm not your boss," Chloe informed. "I'm just, you know, kind of..."

"His boss," Maya smirked "Oh, this will be fun,"

"It's okay, Maya. I've accepted my demotion like a big boy." Dan looked over at Chloe "And besides, it's kind of hot when you give me orders,"

"Oh, Seven Hells," Maya gagged.

"Sorry." Dan apologized "Old habits,"

"Why don't you start with Missing Persons?" Chloe suggested "See if there are any new leads on our Cinderella. Maya and I will go to the law firm,"