Sin-Eater [2]

"Do not touch the charred crotch," Maya told Lucifer from where she was talking to Chloe at the crime scene.

Chloe gave Maya look.

"Never thought I'd have to say that out loud," Maya shrugged.

"It's vicious work," Lucifer told the two women. "I mean, I reserved this kind of treatment for the truly terrible in Hell. Pedophiles, Nazis, People who put their seats back on a plane,"

"Winchesters?" Maya challenged with a raised eyebrow.

"Well...not anymore," Lucifer admitted.

"Uh-huh." Chloe said "Seeing as the nature of the crime is so specific, we need to figure out who had a personal grudge against the victim," She noticed Lucifer's shirt "Uh, by the way, you've skipped a spot there,"

Lucifer glanced down and noticed his button "Oh,"

"Yes, not like you to miss a step in the clothing department,"

"Yes, well, I had to rush out this morning. I've got an unexpected house guest I can't get rid of,"

"You can, you just don't want to," Maya grumbled under her breath as she crossed her arms.

"You should see this, Detective," A male officer told Maya.

Maya took the paper from the officer "Thanks,"

"What is it?" Chloe asked.

"Emails from Nick's supervisor at Wobble. A woman by the name of Leila Simms,"

"Let me guess." Lucifer said "Something riveting about the latest quarterly report?"

"How could you? I should've known better. You won't get away with this." Maya read.

"I'll burn you, starting with your man parts?" Lucifer looked over Maya's shoulder "No. Well, still, that's a pretty good lead,"

"Yup," Maya nodded and began to walk off. "Do not touch the charred crotch,"

***

"Nick was so sweet and charming," Leila told the detectives and Lucifer. "How can someone do such a thing?"

"So, Leila, you were his supervisor. How well did you know him?" Chloe questioned.

"We dated briefly. A while ago,"

"Oh," Lucifer mused. "Would you say things, sort of, flamed out, or did they end in more of a blaze of glory?"

Maya cleared her throat. "Lucifer..." she warned.

"You're right. Far too subtle. Why did you torture the poor young man to death?"

Leila looked at the two women detectives before looking back at Lucifer in shock "Torture him? Oh, God. You think I had something to do with this?"

"We know about the angry e-mails," Maya nodded.

"I was pissed off! He shared pictures of us,"

"Oh? Mid-coitus?" Lucifer wondered "If so, we'll have to confiscate those immediately,"

"I'm this close to getting a certain dagger," Maya hissed at Lucifer.

"No!" Leila said. "Just of us at dinner. I'm his boss, and inter-office romance is frowned upon here,"

"Well, hardly seems worthy of lighting a man's johnson on fire," Lucifer claimed.

"Wait. Is that how he died? There's something you should see," Leila went over to the phone "Ray, can you come in here, please?"