Liar, Liar, Slutty Dress on Fire [2]

"Liar, liar, slutty dress on fire, Mother," Lucifer told his mother as the trio looked over the dead man's body.

"Whoever destroyed my human suit must've killed this little imp as well," Lucifer's mother proclaimed. "It's obvious. Lucifer, honey...Why would I bring you here just to disprove my story?"

"She's got a point," Maya pointed out.

"I don't know," Lucifer sighed. "But that's exactly what I'm going to find out,"

There was a knock at the door.

"Management," A man said.

"Shit," Maya muttered.

Lucifer's mother headed for the door.

"Don't...Wait! Wait!" Maya hissed.

"Why?"

Maya rolled her eyes "Because there's a dead man lying on the bed,"

"Humans don't like that sort of thing," Lucifer added.

"Fine. Then let's fly out of the window," Lucifer's mother suggested.

"I don't have wings anymore, Mum,"

"What?"

"It's a long story,"

Maya opened up a door "Come on, this way,"

***

"This way," Maya told Lucifer and his mother as she led them through the alleyway behind the hotel.

"What happened to your wings, son?" Lucifer's mother asked.

"I cut them off," Lucifer admitted.

"Why would you? I mean, come to Earth, get a haircut or something, but that's a little extreme,"

"Hey, bud!" A guy addressed from behind Lucifer. He looked between Maya and Lucifer's mother, his eyes filled with lust "Can I tag in next?"

"'Scuse me?" Maya asked.

"With the ladies? Or just the blonde? How much?"

Maya looked over at Lucifer, who nodded. Maya smirked darkly as she looked at the man "So...how do you like it?"

The man grinned as if he won the lottery "Seriously?"

"Me...I like it rough," Maya grabbed the man by his hair and kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, forcing his arms behind his back. She grabbed the man's wallet from his back pocket.

"Hey what are you doing?" The man demanded.

"Taking what you owe. I mean you were wondering what the price was for me, right?" Maya sassed as she looked through the wallet "So that would be...$45. I'll let the girls on the corner know you're a cheap ass," she tossed the now empty wallet at the man before strutting after Lucifer.

"I see why you keep this one around," Lucifer's mother said as they got in Lucifer's car.

***

Lucifer, Maya, and Lucifer's mother walked into Lucifer's apartment above Lux.

"Maze?" Lucifer called out. "Ah. Good, you're still here. I've got a job for you,"

"On my way out, Lucifer." Maze said "No more jobs..."

Lucifer stopped Maze "Yes, yes. I know. You don't work for me anymore. Very clear, but I have a feeling you're gonna love this one. Just think of it as a parting gift," He dragged his mother into view "Come on,"

"Hello, Mazikeen," Lucifer's mother greeted bitterly.

"Is that her?" Maze asked.

"Yep," Maya said as she leaned against the bar table with her arms crossed.

"In a human body?"

"Well, unfortunately," Lucifer's mother said.

Maze dropped her bag and walked over to Lucifer's mother "For you,"

Lucifer stopped Maze "I appreciate your enthusiasm, Maze, but hands off,"

"What? You're kidding. Millennia, Lucifer. With no physical form. But now...Look at all that flesh,"

"Yes...Sorry, dear. No torture. Just don't let her out of your sight. Until me and Maya've worked out whether she's lying or not, she can't be trusted,"

"You want me to babysit?"

"Well, my-mom-in-the-body-of-a-disturbingly-hot-woman sit, but yes. For now,"

***

"Oh, crap," Maya muttered as she noticed the officers on scene of where they were previously.

Ella was taking pictures of the body while Chloe stood over it.

"He was just a kid," Chloe muttered.

"Yeah, 19 or so," Ella nodded.

"How long has he been here?" Maya asked, announcing her and Lucifer's arrival.

"I was just about to call you," Chloe said.

"Hunter's intuition." Maya shrugged "That and this lovely invention called a police radio. So, how long?"

"I don't know," Ella admitted "maybe a few days?"

Maya and Lucifer shared a look.

"Guess the maid really took the 'Do Not Disturb' sign seriously." Ella moved closer to the body "Cause of death, single puncture wound to the neck,"

"I'm thinkin' ice pick," Maya said

"Or a screwdriver, perhaps?" Lucifer added. "Five-inch? Phillips-head?"

Ella nodded in agreement "Yeah, maybe. You're good,"

"I know," Lucifer smirked. "Interesting pool of blood through here,"

Chloe followed Lucifer and Maya into the living room, where sure enough a puddle of red stained a white carpet. "Assuming it belongs to Cinderella here,"

"'Cinderella'? So, we don't mean evil step-mother?"

"Really?" Maya hissed at Lucifer.

"Are we really still on the whole my-mother-did-it thing?" Chloe questioned the duo. "I thought she was responsible for our last murder. What? You're just throwin' homicides at her until one sticks?"

"No, I'm simply saying that the missing woman may well be our killer," Lucifer claimed. "A murderous psycho whose rampage started by impaling that poor lad,"

"Okay, my guess is that this is an affair gone wrong. Jealous husband follows his cheating wife here. He kills the young lover. He wounds her. And then he drags her home or she escapes,"

"Definitely the latter," Maya nodded.

"Well, we would know more if she'd left more than a shoe," Chloe sighed. "We don't have a purse. No wallet, no keys,"

"Would the woman's phone help?" Maya asked as she pulled it from the ice bucket.

"Well, yes, of course, but we don't have..."

Ella walked over and took a picture of the phone in the icebucket "Wow... Good eye, Maya. I'll give this back to the lab, see if I can restore it,"

"Yeah, as fast as you can, Ella,"

"We have to proceed as if this missing woman is still alive," Chloe continued. "I don't want to find another body,"

"Trust me." Maya muttered "You will not find another body,"

Dan walked in through another door "I found a body,"

"Count on Detective Douche to ruin the mood," Maya huffed as Chloe sent her a glare.