Lady Parts [2]

"Is everything ok?" A female voiced as she lead the detectives and Lucifer to the apartment, "I haven't seen Daria or Naomi all week. We feed each other's cats,"

"Oh," Lucifer groaned with disgust. "Gosh. I detest cats. Want an animal to stare at you with contempt? Get a cat. Open box of excrement in your house? Cat," he sniffed once the apartment door was unlocked "Oh, gosh. Can you smell that? Foul, incontinent creatures,"

"For an angel who deals with the dead, I'm surprised you don't recognize the dead smell," Maya gagged.

Lucifer stopped when he saw the body lying on the floor.

"Oh, my God!" The neighbor exclaimed, "Naomi!"

Chloe walked over to check for a pulse and shook her head "She's got the same triangular stamp as Daria. Same signs of poison,"

"Well, well..." Lucifer mused, "Talk about a girls' night gone wrong,"

***

"Lovely," Lucifer mused as he noticed Maya in the bar going over files. "Why don't we go up to the penthouse, and I can show you the original stairway to Heaven?" he whispered in her ear.

"Ella's final forensic report came in," Maya revealed.

"Right." Lucifer huffed. "Can this wait? Those deaths were fiendishly tragic, but I'm pretty certain that tomorrow, during office hours, our dead girls will still be dead," he took the file from her.

"I just wanted to run a couple..."

"Good!" Maze called out. "Saved me a trip," she walked over to Maya "You and me. Drinking. Now,"

"I'm in!" Ella said.

Maya shook her head. "What are you doing here?"

"Lucifer said I should drop by,"

"But we're working,"

"Correction, were working," Lucifer waved the file in front of Maya.

"Who the hell is she?" Maze asked about Ella.

"Oh, sorry. Hi! I'm Ella," Ella introduced herself as she hugged Maze.

"Oh, Chuck," Maya declared as she watched with wide eyes.

"If you want to retrace the steps of two hot girls on a girls' night, you need to think like two hot girls on a girls' night," Maze noted.

"With your lady parts," Lucifer nodded.

"And pina coladas in hand,"

"Oh, my God. I love pina coladas!" Ella said.

"Lovely," Lucifer smiled.

***

Ella downed her Pina Colada as Maze used her teeth to open her beer. "So, I was watching Chinatown, right? And all of a sudden, it hits me. I need to go to LA. I mean, do you ever feel like God is telling you to do something?"

"He wrote a whole series about what he wanted me to do," Maya mentioned bitterly.

"Oh, are you going to drink that?" Ella pointed to Maya's Pina Colada.

"All yours." Maya pushed it toward Ella. "I'm more for burban,"

"I don't get it," Maze said as she looked at Maya.

"Hello, ladies," Dr. Martin greeted

"Oh, God!" Maya groaned. "What are you doing here?"

"Maze invited me. She said it's girls' night,"

"I thought we were retracing the steps for my homicide?"

"Would it kill you to just relax for once?" Maze argued.

"Yes! It just might because every single time I start to relax, start to feel like things are becoming normal again; it's either you demons have to come and ruin it, or it's some apocalypse scheme being made by Lucifer!" Maya covered her mouth in shock. "I'm sorry...I didn't..."

Maze pushed the Pina Colada in front of Maya. "All you do is work, work, work,"

Maya snorted. "Like you're one to talk. You're at Lucifer's beck and call 24/7. It's like you're his personal concierge,"

"I'm not his personal anything. Not since you came into the picture,"

"Well, ever since his mother showed up...I don't even think I'm in the picture," Maya huffed.

"When's the last time you had sex?"

"Why does everything always have to be about work or sex?" Ella questioned.

"Yeah, I agree." Dr. Martin said, "Girls' night, done right, is about female bonding,"

"Exactly,"

"Really getting to know each other. Sharing problems, origin stories, secrets,"

"You can get all that at your local bookstore," Maya said bitterly as she took a drink from Maze's beer.

"Fine. I'll start. Um...I worked my way through med school as a phone sex operator. 1-800-ProfessorFeelGood,"

"I would totally call that," Ella noted.

"Nice," Maze agreed.

"I'm Ella, by the way. I love that we just skipped the small talk. Um, okay! I'll go next, I guess. Um...I used to steal cars,"

Maya froze in realization. "That's where I know you from! You took the Impala for a joy ride, but I was in the backseat,"

"Oh my God, that's right!" Ella cheered, but both women froze at another recollection of the events of that day, a blush forming on their cheeks that neither of them spoke of. Ella cleared her throat. "So who's next?"

"I was forged in the bowels of hell to torture the guilty for all of eternity," Maze revealed.

"Yeah, still can't get over how you tortured my brother in Hell, and now here we are, sitting next to each other, sharing a beer," Maya nodded.

"Interesting share," Dr. Martin said. "Okay. So, now you go, Maya. Female trust,"

Maya looked between the two women and demon present at the table.

"Come on. What's on your mind?"

"I'm living a double life." Maya shrugged. "I thought putting in the surname change back to Winchester would help me feel complete. But working with Chloe as a detective and being with Lucifer...it feels like I'm still being split in half,"

"Okay, you know, that's...that's what I'm talking about,"

"You guys," Ella gushed "This is so fun,"

"Is it?" Maze asked

"Yes,"

Maya raised her hand towards the bartender. "Can I get a tequila...stat,"