+

---

"Murder By Midnoon"

Quackity

Tw: A dead body, blood, trash (I dunno, some people have a phobia of trash), and hints of yandere behavior

Notes: I do not condone murder. Unless they really deserved it. 🔫😃 (Ex. Being homophobic and/or sexist. Then I'm going to need a list of names buddy.)

Song: "Lone Digger" By Caravan Palace

---

The sun glared down on downtown New York. Pedestrians were scattered around the edge of the road, all wearing a sparse amount of clothing to keep cool. Smoke and exhaust gas filled the air from cars that happened to be stuck in afternoon traffic.

However, one car had leeway, shifting in and out of the various vehicles at the fastest speed they could.

The driver- a twenty year old woman -grit her teeth angrily as she found her way through New York's traffic.

Just under minutes ago she had received a call that interrupted her lovely lunch break in a cozy Café. There had been a body found on the corner of fourth street and she had been the closest official in the area.

"Damn psychopaths. I was just trying to eat my lunch for once..." She seethed, beyond pissed at the unknown murderer. Couldn't a girl catch a break nowadays.

Sighing in defeat, (Y/n) decided to review the few details about the victim that she had been given before arriving on scene.

Reaching for her phone, she balanced driving and reading at the same time.

Case 286b

Case subject: Murder

Victim profile: Adult male, 6'1 with blond hair. Found wearing a green hoodie and black jeans

Need for report: Injuries all over his body; clearly been beaten to death. Dumped on private property

Suspects: Four

It surprised (Y/n) how much information that the team had been able to require so quickly. Normally it took a couple of days for them to catch a suspect, much less four. This body must be pretty recent.

After one more quick scan of the digital file, she watched out her windshield as her car approached the area where the supposed body was spotted.

(Y/n) put her car in park by a thin line of yellow police tape that was fluttering in the slight breeze. Straightening out any wrinkles in her outfit before continuing, she stepped out of the car to walk over.

"Ma'am!" Immediately she was found by a police officer. "Are you the detective they sent over?"

(Y/n) looked at the tall man that had approached her without interest. The only thing she thought worth noting was that his badge held the name 'Soot'

"Yes, that's me." She sighed. "Where's the body sir?"

"Over here. Just follow me" He spun on his heel to lead the woman over to a small area hidden from the public eye.

In that area was a generic, rusty looking dumpster out behind an abandoned construction site. (Y/n) immediately noticed a thick trail of blood leading to the large blue trash can. What was this, Scooby-Doo? Either she's stuck in a fucking Nancy Drew book, or this killer really wanted to be found.