↪Welcome to the Agency↩

"Be careful what you believe"  

POV: Y/N

"I'm not helping you out of there." I looked at the male who pleaded for me to pull him out of an oil drum. "But I'll die if you don't help me out." He went on a rant about how he wants to die, but without pain getting in the way. "You know what. I'll just call Atsushi." I scrolled through my contact list, looking for the boys phone number that was given to me by the president after he told someone to get Atsushi a phone. 'Atsushi' I clicked on the contact and waited for him to pick up the phone. When the phone finally stopped ringing, Atsushi's frantic voice sounded out. I made up a story about how we got caught in a trap, and to my surprise he believed it!

...

"How did you get stuck in that oil drum...?" Atsushi looked at Dazai with a blank stare. "There is this one suicide method where getting stuck in an oil drum could kill me. But now I'm just suffering in pain." Dazai pouted, reaching his hands grabbing the air like it will help him out of he's misery. I walked over to Atsushi and whispered into his ear. "Push him." At first he looked a little hesitant, then walked up to him and gave the drum a push. Dazai ended up hitting his head against the ground with a 'thud'. "It would've been more enjoyable if you fell face first into the dust." Atsushi smiled nervously. "Are you guys always like this. I can't seem to figure out if you're friends or not."

"He's my boyfr-" I hit Dazai over the head. "We're friends."

"Uhm, Y/N. Why couldn't you just help him out of the oil drum?" He scratched the back of his neck. "What would be the fun in that? Watching people squirm and begging for help is much more fun." I nodded to myself. "S-sure." Atsushi looked down in a thoughtful manner. "I don't think I'm fit for this 'Armed Detective Agency' you talk about. It's true I have the supernatural ability to turn into a tiger, but what use is it if I have absolutely no control over my power? So I don't know how I'll be of use even if I did join." Atsushi stood up. "I appreciate your offer, but I'm sorry." He bowed thanking us. 

"What are you going to do now?" I looked at Atsushi. "I'll just get a nice job I can actually handle. I'm just afraid it won't be easy to find." 

"I think I can help you with that problem. Come along, dear boy." I jumped up onto the oil drum we were sitting on. "I might even get them to hire you." 

"Really? Thank you."

         ⇹

"Maybe we can try that Ramen shop or the café next to it." Dazai pulled me closer by the arm and whispered in my ear. "You do know we're not actually getting him a job?" I stopped. "We're not?" He shook his head. "Don't you remember the plan I came up with?" I went back to this morning- "Oh, yeah. Now I remember." I stretched my arms over my head and called for the purple-yellow eyed boy. "Atsushi, I just remembered that their is one job that I think will suit you. All we have to do is meet with the supervisor. He will give you all the information about your co-workers and the organisation."

"What's the job title?"

"No point spoiling the fun." Dazai chimed in. "Also just so you know there might be a test of sorts." 

"A-a test?!"

"Atsushi can you read and write?" Atsushi nodded. "They taught me at the orphanage."

"Great then you'll be fine." Atsushi sighed in relief. "Everything will be fine. After all I am, Dazai the most trusted member of the Armed Detective Agency."