↪Murder On D Street 2↩

"You bleed just to know your alive"

POV: Y/N

I turn away from they eyes and looked at the flowing water. Any moment now. I felt a familiar electric shock up my arm. I closed my eyes. When I was sure no one was around I opened my eyes as they glowed a vibrant vermilion. I schemed through the young detectives memories and saw the woman that was now a victim of murder. I touched the memory with my fingertips as the scenery in front of me changed. Rose petals fell from above the dark soulless room. As they fell to the ground a scenery was created. 

"This is no joke. His taking this very seriously."  

My eyes met with a pair arguing about something. The woman stared at the young detective. She was stubborn, you could tell by the way she stood her ground and her eyes were vibrantly staring him down.

"Then I'll just have to take him very seriously too. I just need to hand over the evidence and everything would be set."

He lifted he's rifle, pointing at her. He may seem like he wanted to kill her, but the look on his face said otherwise. She took a step back.

"What are you doing?" 

"I'm just trying to protect you."

"He'll hire someone to kill you. I just want to help you stay alive."

The room started to fade. The two fingers turned to ash as the room turned black.

...

Slowly I opened my eyes to see everyone is still inspecting the corpse of the woman. I looked at the tensed up detective as Ranpo patted his shoulder. He looked at me. He probably felt me staring him down. "Sorry, if my question made you feel uncomfortable." He nodded and bit his lip. 

"Cut the crap. You can't crack hard cases with just deduction." Ranpo slumped his shoulders like he didn't really care about what the detective had to say. "My ability Ultra-Deduction, can instantly identify the killer-" He flicked his own forehead to prove his point. "-I can also figure out when and how the murder was committed." Ranpo slowly turned his head to the man and revealed his flashing green eyes. "My ability is such a wonderous gift." The detective scowled. "I know all about you gifted people. But if you have such a wonderous ability, as you say, why do I and my colleagues still have a job?"

"My thoughts exactly. Now were starting to understand each other." Ranpo antagonized the detective. "You little b-stard!" The detective growled ready the strike the short man squire in the face. "Calm down. If you start causing a scene here, we might never find out what happened in this case." I twirled a strand of hair with my index finger. Dazai stepped in between the pair to separate them from each other. "Excuse my colleagues tactless behaviour."

"What can I say my personal motto is, 'All's well that's well for me'." Ranpo grinned from ear to ear like the Cheshire cat. I close my eyes and sighed.

"You can't stop bragging about your ability. So why not show it to us?"

"You should have asked me nicely when I got here."

"Would you like me to count to sixty for you?" The detective challenged the other. "Ability, Ultra-Deduction." I rest my arm over Atsushi's shoulder. "Watch carefully." He side glanced. "Do you know who the killer is?" A grin stretched out on my lips. "Mm. I have a hunch." 

"The killer is-" Ranpo lifted his finger. "-you." The young detective looked at Ranpo as if he just said something impertinent. "Sergeant Sugimoto, works for me on the force." The detective exclaimed. "Well his the one who killed her."