-1-

hello! my name is aera and i am currently living in the woods with my gothic-emo boyfriend, francis.

we fell in love when we were in middle school, and right now, we are 21 years old. yeah, a long time we've been together.

we went to New Maine Middle School and we didn't have the same classes, francis was a dark boy, he loved black things and he had a thing for collecting rocks and then painted them black.  i, on the other hand, loved fall. i loved reading meaningful books about love and isolation because i loved the feeling. being alone with your loved one and experiencing the lust together in an unknown location.

francis and me were the school's weirdos. everyone thought we were so different from them and they hated it. but we didn't.

flashback//

one day, some boy invited us both to the winter school homecoming. but i didn't know francis so i wouldn't know if he'd come.
we were supposed to dress in any shade of blue but instead, i dressed in orange and i am guessing he dressed in black.

i entered the room and saw dazzling sparkles and bright blue...

i hated it.

i saw appetizers on the table that looked delicious, i grabbed one but someone grabbed it before me..

"i was gonna take that". i said

"my hand was on it first, look!" the other boy said.

"come on, can't a hungry girl have it?" i questioned to him.

"alright fine, that was the last one too!" the boy ran and fake cried.

i took the piece and lifted it up and it reached my tongue.
it was delicious. had the flavor of roasted sweet potatoes with marshmallow fluff on top of it. fall things.

"everyone, the ball dance is starting! grab your partner and find a circle on the ground, stay in that circle." the school teacher said.

"shit! why did i come if i don't have a partner?" i said.

i mean it's not like i wanted a partner, i just wanna relax and eat food all day.

i was actually thinking about ditching this school, and now that i thought of it, time to leave.

i started walking to the door i came in from and i found my way out of it.

i saw a boy walk closer to me so i started waking backwards.

"why are you running? i just wanna talk to you." a boy said.

i didn't speak because i was panicking inside, this happened to a girl 7 months ago. she was raped and killed. i was planning on leaving this school. some males are dickheads.

i turned back and ran forward back to where i came from.
the boy was catching up to me but not quite..

i ran and hit someone, i grabbed onto the person and hugged him, i could tell he was a male because i smelled cologne. i was only 13, i didn't want to die.

"come here, baby. come on, we have to go. that boy said.

"is she your girlfriend? the boy i hugged said.

"no he's not! he's being weird! take me away from him please!" i yelled.

"o-okay, come on then... the boy i hugged said.

"fucking bitch... the boy said.

i was saved..

"sorry for bumping into y-you, h-he was uhm- gonna-

i was cut off.

"it's fine, i was hurt, you could've been...

"thanks for caring.. i said.

"can i know your name? i said

"yeah, my name is

francis...