-5-

francis pov//

i dropped aera at Rent-A-Home because i had to check on my family. i was very worried because i left her alone but i put pepper spray in her bag.

i drove on the highway...
feeling the breeze
the smell of fresh air
stress free
thinking about our life
looking at the beautiful blue sky
listening to "never not"
dreaming about aera

everything was so nostalgic to me.
i remember when i used to sleep in the car because my parents wouldn't stop arguing with each other.
i remember going to school with a busted lip because my father hated me. he thinks i am the reason mom hated him.
i remember being so sleepy at school because i couldn't sleep through the noise.
i remember being alone. alone with no one to help me.
all my life, i've went through sadness that can't be helped.
all my life, i spent being cold hearted to each and everyone.
all my life, i couldn't tell my best friend that i loved him. before the bullies got to him. he committed suicide because everyone thought he was gay. being gay was something that wasn't common, no one wanted to be gay.
i remember when someone came up to me and said "francis, i think your friend has a crush on you.

i remember being disgusted at him. i was absolutely grossed out by him. i didn't want to hang out with him. but i didn't want to tell him that.

i searched up 3 days after that happened, "what should i do if a boy likes me(male)?" and the answer said this:
"if a boy likes you and you are a man, just be honest with him but that doesn't mean that you need to be unsupportive. treat gay people like humans.
and i know that aera is my girlfriend but i wanted to give taehyung an answer.

i understood that so i was gonna talk to pio (my best friend).

but 2 days after, i heard he had committed suicide.

i went to school that day and all i heard was "you know jonathan told pio that francis didn't like him and that francis would never be his friend.

that's when it hit me...

when it was recess, i took jonathan by the wrist and we went to the back of the school.
i kicked him, punched him, pulled his hair, made his nose bleed.... then he passed out.
jonathan was in a coma, in serious condition. but i don't feel bad about that.

he deserved it. he told lies to my best friend.

—————————————————

i arrived at my mother's home.

i knocked on the door.

no answer.

i knocked a second time.

no answer.

then someone came behind me.

it was the landlord.

"i don't think she is here. i remember she left early. she said.

"okay so should i leave? i asked.

"yeah, but i can give her your message if you want. she smiled and smirked.

i know she just was interested in me.

"no thanks. i have my own mothers phone number you know? i told her.

"ah, sorry. i didn't know she was your mother.

"well now you know. have a nice day.

"wait, can i get your number? she asked.

"yeah, about that...

i grabbed my phone and showed her my Lock Screen. it was aera. this picture of her:

"who's she? the girl said

"my girlfriend. bye now! i said.

—————————————————

i was driving to a gas station because my gas is running low.

i arrived at 24 hours gas station and i went inside.

i was hungry so i picked up a hot dog and sprite. i grabbed the all pink starburst for aera because she loves those. i also bought a watermelon slurpee for her, it wouldn't melt because i was near Rent-A-Home, luckily.

i bring them to the front and the guy scans them.

i was looking around and saw a shiny gold lottery ticket. i picked it up and prayed.

i told the guy, "this too. thank you.

he did and i payed for everything. i just decided to put the bags on my arm and i got a coin out of my wallet.

i scratched it and oh my gosh, you won't believe what i saw....

i won the lottery!!