Chapter 8: Curiosity Killed the Brat

-Gramar problems-

Izuku sat up in bed and checked the time on his phone.

It was pretty far off from waking hours. So nobody would bother me if I decided to play a little tonight. But should I? I fell asleep last time, and nobody could wake me up! I don't want to make anyone worry if it happens again. Ugh, I want to finish what I was doing last time though! I can't remember exactly what I had done last, but I'm pretty sure I was about to find a secret level. I'm already so invested in this one... Plus, I always seem to want to play it, I don't know why- Alright! I don't care anymore, I'm gaming tonight!

Izuku hopped out of bed, then quickly and quietly hurried out to the main room. Izuku turned the computer on and set up the game. Then slid on the headset. He quickly clicked to the prize counter and picked out the green plushie.

That was what I had done before, right? Well, before I fell asleep.

Izuku held it for a moment, nothing changing or appearing.

"Umm, hello?" Izuku said to himself, confused.

Izuku looked around, the green outline bunny appearing at his side. Izuku jumped back in surprise. Then after he'd collected himself again, he examined the green bunny. It had its hand by its ear. It was like he was holding an imaginary phone.

Wait. Has this happened before?

Izuku looked around, feeling like he'd just had a huge case of deja-vu.

Oh! Hold the plush up to my ear!

Izuku put the plush up to his ear like the green bunny was doing. The screen glitching an array of purple, green, white, and pink. Izuku was hit again by the same deja-vu.

Wait, I was right this did happen before. There was a weird voice, a villain, or something? How did they get into the dorms? Was that strange feeling I had, their quirk?

The screen flashed faster, and Izuku felt that same numb-bubbly feeling creeping in.

No... Was it this? What is this?

Izuku felt his body go numb again, and his brain was getting all fuzzy.

"So you're back? It's been a little while, a week right?" The same voice from before asked.

Izuku was trying to get his thoughts straight, "Wh-who are you?"

"I'm not a villain if that's what you're asking." The voice reassured him, "I just wanted someone to talk to."

Izuku didn't trust it, but his mind was going numb and he couldn't seem to send that message.

"You want what me?" Izuku said drunkenly.

He was really trying to say, 'What do you want?!'. But he had gone completely numb and his thoughts were filled with 'Everything is fine, your safe, and don't struggle'. Izuku felt himself smile but didn't know why.

"What're yu do-OinG?" Izuku questioned, still sounding drunk.

"I just want you to listen to me like you did the other day." The voice explained, "Most people just try to hurt or run away from me."

"Oh?" Izuku giggled.

"Yeah, it makes lonely." The voice said, with a sad tone.

"I be friend!" Izuku chimed like a little kid.

"Really?" The voice said patronizingly to Izuku.

"Ye-Esh!" Izuku nodded slowly.

"That's really sweet Zuzu, can we play Simon says now?" The voice asked.