nineteen.

─☼☼☼─

𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝘿𝘼𝙔 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍 Charlotte was doing her best to move on. 

She had cleaned her entire room. And then cleaned the entire kitchen...and the living room...and then re-arranged her entire closet. Then she had run some errands for John B...and then she had sat in her bed bored out of her mind. 

By the time Kiara returned home from John B's hostage situation, Charlotte was wholly relieved. 

Because, one, that mean she had someone to talk to, and two, it meant they were gearing up to go retrieve the gold from the Crain house. And that was exactly the distraction she needed. 

According to John B, that wasn't going to happen until Kie and Sarah agreed to working together. But by the look on Kiara's face when she entered, Charlotte assumed her night with Sarah hadn't been as horrible as could have been expected. 

Charlotte pretended that was entirely fine, like she hadn't basically broken up with Rafe for the second time, while she listened to Kiara recount her night stranded on a boat with only Sarah and minimal food. 

Part of Charlotte was actually happy to hear that her sister and Sarah were going to tolerate each other. 

"What have you been up to?" Kiara wondered after recounting her night. "You look exhausted."

Rubbing at her eyes for a moment, Charlotte shrugged. "Just been cleaning and stuff...getting ready for our heist─you know, the usual."

Kiara grinned, turning toward Charlotte's closet as Charlotte leaned further into her bed. "I hope you're ready for tonight." Kie declared, beginning to rifle through her older sister's clothes. "The boys and Sarah are on their way. We have to get ready."

"I'm ready." Charlotte assured, grateful for the distraction. "I got all of the supplies John B asked me to."

A black sweatshirt was thrown in Charlotte's direction. "God, Charlotte. Is that your only piece of black clothing?"

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she sat up and pointed toward her dresser. "Check the bottom drawer. I reorganized today."

An amused look covered Kiara's face as she moved toward the dresser, bending down and pulling out two pairs of black leggings. "Perfect."

"Oh, yes." Charlotte drawled as she grabbed the sweater from the end of her bed. "You can wear my clothes, Kiara. No problem."

Kie gave Charlotte a content smile as she threw one pair of leggings toward her sister. "That's what sisters are for. Now hurry up. They're going to be here soon."

And she was right. Charlotte had just finished getting dressed when she heard the familiar sound of the Twinkie's horn. 

She shared an excited smile with Kiara before bending down to scoop up the bag of supplies she had procured over the last day. 

"Let's do this."

─☼☼☼─

"Alright, we got rope?" 

Charlotte nodded at John B who was looking back at her from the driver's seat. "Check."

"Grappling hook?"