Chapter 8 - The One With The Flashback

Yes the title of this chapter is a reference to the popular 90's sitcom Friends.

So no one told you life was gonna be this way

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Anyways...

This chapter takes place a year prior to the events of this story.

Today was like any other day on the Island of Sodor. Thomas was pulling his two-

Wait... I'm getting deja vu.

Let's just skip ahead a little.

...

Ok.

Gordon was actually in a great mood for once. He had just won $60 dollars on a scratch ticket he had bought, and he was about to go bring it to the store to claim the money he had won. 

What Gordon didn't realize though, was that there was a huge stick on the line. Gordon was going really fast, like he usually did, and when he hit it, he lost his balance, and came off of the track.

"Woah!"

That wasn't all that happened though, because he also dropped his scratch ticket, and it fell down a sewer. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!" He screamed. 

Later he found out that while he was being rescued, Henry and James took the express for him.

"GAH!" He shouted. 

"This is exactly why I HATE those two!" he then said to himself.

Gordon was so angry, that he ran into a telephone poll, which fell over, almost crushing...

...The Fat Controller.

Fortunately, he dodged it, but he turned around and glared at Gordon. 

"Damn it," said Gordon.

"Gordon, I've had quite enough of this behaviour! I cannot believe that I have to say this, but I have no other choice! You are forbidden from pulling the express for the rest of the year!"

"WHAT! SIR!?! ARE YOU ******** KIDDING ME! IT'S MARCH!"

"I've also had enough of your language, now go to your shed!"

"One day I've got to get back at that *******," Gordon muttered under his breath. "I've also got to do something to those two fricks," he muttered again while looking at Henry and James, who looked at him funny.

"What's his problem?" asked Henry to James.

"I don't know," James replied.

...

Gordon sat in the sheds for a while thinking, and he finally decided what he was going to do. "When I'm finally able to pull the express again, I'm going to murder those two, and it will look like an accident,"

Gordon's plan was to set off Henry's safety valve when Henry was venerable, and to crash really hard into James.

We all know though, that only about half of his plan worked, as hitting James didn't kill him, and killing Henry sent him to jail.

Thomas entered the shed.

"Hey Gordon, what's up!" he said enthusiastically.

"Frick off Thomas, I'm in a bad mood," Gordon replied.

"Why, what's the matter," Thomas asked.

"NOTHING! NOW LEAVE!" Gordon shouted.

"Ok geez," Thomas replied. "I'll go play scrabble with Toby and Mavis,"

After yelling so much, Gordon got a huge headache, so he had some Advil and decided to get some early sleep. 

Unfortunately he was woken up by James and Henry watching Liar Liar and laughing their tenders off. 

Gordon wanted to scream, but he kept his cool, put on some noise-cancelling headphones, and went back to sleep.

When he woke up the next morning, he felt happy, but then he remember that he couldn't pull the express, which made him sad.

This happened every day until January 1st of next year when finally he could pull the express again. He could also carry out his plan. He prepared for months, and soon, he was ready. He went to Knapford, got the express, and went on a search for James and Henry.