Chapter Six

vi

vi. the pevensies

THEY WERE OUT, SCOUTING THE forests for any Telmarine spies when they first noticed movement.

Caspian jumped out as the blonde haired boy stalked through. He hit the boys sword, the two yelling as they started a fight.

The boy was starting to get the upper hand, knocking Caspians sword out 9f his hand. But Selena knew that he could handle it.

Eventually, Caspian managed to grab the boys sword, the boy grabbing a rock and preparing to hit Caspian over the head with it. Despite the fact that Selena had been wanting to do that since she met him, she'd rather he didn't die now.

"Stop!" A young girls voice yelled out and Selena looked over, stopping her advance towards the boy and Caspian.

The boy and the girl looked around as the other Narnians surrounded them. Selena walked over, her sword raised as she pointed it at them.

"Who are you?" She asked, watching as Caspian also grabbed the boys sword and aimed it at him.

"I'm guessing you're Prince Caspian?" He questioned, turning towards him.

"Yes? And who are you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

Selena walked over, her sword still raised as she looked at him with suspicion, wondering how he had gotten there.

"Peter!" A voice called out, another boy and a girl rushing towards them with Trumpkin.

"Trumpkin!" She exclaimed, lowering her sword as she smiled at her friends, thankful he was still alive.

Then she realised that if this boy was Peter, and he had another brother and two sisters, and he magically appeared...that meant that he was probably Peter the Magnificent, high king of Narnia.

"Caspian," she muttered, the boy looking down at his sword and realising he was holding the sword.

The sword that defeated the White Witch all those years ago. This was the High King of Narnia. This was Narnias saviour.

"High King Peter," he said, almost in shock as he looked up at the boy.

Peter was not what she was expecting. He was this attractive and young boy that must have been around two years younger than her.

"I belive you called," he said, a slight smirk on his face.

"Well yes, but, uh, I thought you'd be older," Selena said, raising her eyebrow as she looked at the boy who must be the same age as her.

"If you'd like, we could come back in a few years," Peter said, a smirk on his face as he looked at Selena.

"No!" Caspian and Selena said at the same time before Caspian continued talking, "No, that's all right. You're just not exactly what I - we - expected,"

As Caspian looked over at Peters sister, Queen Susan, she noticed how he looked almost entranced by her looks. There as some strange pang of emotion but she brushed it off, turning to Peter.

"Neither are you," the other boy who Selena assumed to be King Edmund said.

"A common enemy unites even the oldest of foes," Badger said as he noticed the confused look on the siblings faces as they saw the dwarves and minotaurs with the animals and the centaurs.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege," Reepicheep said, approaching the group, "Our hearts and swords are at your service,"

"Well at least me know some of you can handle a blade," Peter said, looking over at Caspian.

"Yes indeed, I recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army sire," the mouse said, a proud look on his face.

Now that emotion she recognised. Heartbreak. Jealousy. The words 'your army' hurt because she had built the army and it wasn't for Peter, it was for Narnia.

"Good, because we're going to need every sword we can get," Peter stated.

"Well then, you will probably be wanting yours back," Caspian said, handing him back the sword.

They walked through the forest, the four pevensies ahead, Peter and Caspian at the front as they talked about strategy.

She couldn't help but be bitter, a feeling that she would know all too well by the end of the month. She was the general, but because Caspian is a prince and the heir to the telmarine throne, he clearly is more important than her.

"I'm Edmund," a boy with black hair and a tired but excited expression said as he walked next to her.

"Selena," she said, smiling at him as the continued the walk down the path, "I'm kind of like a general here,"

He furrowed his brow, looking at her, "But I thought that Caspian was-" he started but she cut him off with a scoff.

"Yeah, he is the little golden boy who seems to have saved us all," Selena stated, sighing to herself as she looked ahead.

Caspian and Peter were up ahead, both of them already looking as thick as theirs as they probably discussed their plans to save Narnia from the Telmarines.

"Its cool what you've done here, with the army, Peter couldn't have done it by himself," Edmund explained and she smiled.

"Thanks, that means a lot," she said.

As she talked and laughed with Edmund, Caspian looked back at her, wondering what she was talking about in the same way she was just doing, the two always seeking to miss each other.

1188 words