Part 1 - Awake

☆★☆

☆★☆

How long has it been since I've been floating in this nothingness for; I don't know. Could be days, months, years. It sure felt like years. The only thing keeping me conscious was the many memories I held dear.

I want to wake up and see my loved ones again.

A single tear escapes my right eye, slowly making its way down my cheek and dropping into the darkness.

I could almost smell the sweet scent of Madame Ping's cooking that always made my mouth water. She would slap my hand away when I tried to sneak food from the kitchen before everything was ready. She always treated me like a child even though I were older then her. Well... I did always act like a child. But her cooking was just amazing. Why am I even thinking of food right now? And I could swear I can smell it too.

I let out a heavy sigh. After a few moments of processing that, I realised; I couldn't sigh before.

The darkness around me brightness slowly. Am I finally waking up? It got to the point where I had to close my eyes tightly. My throat tightened and I forced yourself to take a deep breath.

I started coughing, my hands going to my throat. I can move... I opened my eyes to be met with harsh bright lights. They slowly adjusted to the surroundings and I could finally look around.

"Y/n..." an aged voice called.

Looking to my left where an old lady stood. Even though her appearance changed, I could tell "Madame Ping." you smiled at her.

Her hand went to her mouth "It has been too long, Y/n"

"It has?" I questioned. I've been stuck in the darkness for a long time?

"Over a thousand years, my dear"

"OVER A THOUSAND YEARS?!" what happened? I can't remember what got me into this state. I looked down at my hands slightly furrowing my eyebrows.

"You've been in a deep sleep for so long."

"Where am I right now?"

"When we found you, we tried everything to wake you up. So as a last resort, your brother decided the safest place for you to be was my pot."

I looked back up at her at the mention of my brother. "How is he?"

She let out a small laugh "Well dear, why don't you go see for yourself." that got me in full spirits.

"Oh, before I go, where is that sweet smell coming from?"

"Hoho, every week I came here and cooked your favourite in hopes it would wake you up."

"I guess it worked!" I grinned at her and left her pot, but not before eating the delicious food she prepared.

It's been so long since I've moved around. I wonder how Liyue changed? Or is it exactly the same as I remember? I doubt it. How is everyone? Do they still remember me or is it just Madame Ping that remembers? I pondered as I teleported to the waypoint in front of Liyue harbor.

I stared at the sight before me. Liyue has sure developed in the time I was absent. Even from up here I can see it's buzzing with life. Now to find my brother.

---

I was going to start posting this once finished, but I'm quite close to writing the end of this story in my drafts. I thought that starting to post it might give me more inspiration to write the end.

If you read the previous chapter you'll probably realise that I've been working on it for a while as I start posting this when game is in version 2.6 already.

Updates are random like always even though I have a lot written. :D

Also, I might come back to edit these chapters but still unsure.

Happy reading anyway <3