Part 5 - Almond Tofu

So I made Xiao be a little younger version of himself during the Archon War cause why not. I know he wasn't, I just wanted to let you know.
Also, there's gonna be more backstory from before Y/n went into deep sleep which will not be accurate to the genshin characters' actual past, just another reminder.

☆★☆

☆★☆

The Archon War finally ended. There have been a massive amount of losses on all sides. Lost friends and enemies.

I took my spear out of the body of a god I did not know the name of, and wiped some of the blood off my cheek which only resulted in me smudging it more. I sighed at my failed attempt and transformed to my original form. Quickly, I flew to where I could sense my brother, saddened as I observed all the destruction this war has caused. A pointless war in my opinion.

As I got right behind Morax, I once again transformed in my human form. At that moment, he was approaching the small body of one of the yakshas. The male's golden eyes stood out from his messy dark hair and dirty bloodied face. All this time he had his eyes glued to Morax, but a short flick towards mine made a shiver run down my spine. Without thinking, I run up to my brother and place a hand on his shoulder to stop him, thinking he will kill the boy.

"Morax, wait. Don't -" with a rise of his hand, he signaled me to stop talking, his eyes never leaving the bloodied yaksha.

"You're master is dead." hearing that, the yaksha let out a low growl. "Instead of being a killing machine, how about you serve under me with a new name and the new purpose to protect and not massacre." Morax kneels in front of him, puts his polearm down and extends a hand to the boy.

I could see a small light shine in the younger's eyes and, although hesitant, he took my brother's hand.

"Now a new name fit for you..." Morax paused thinking.

"Xiao." I butted in. "I think Xiao would fit him perfectly." I give the shorter boy a sweet smile.

~~~

"You were much smaller back then." I poke his cheek grinning widely as he finishes the last bite of almond tofu. "Not that your much taller now." I say teasingly.

"Hey! I did not come here to listen to you reminiscing about the past. If you have nothing important to say or do, I'll be taking my leave." Xiao says as he stands up, brows turned into a frown.

I stood up after him catching his hand before he can disappear away.

"Hey now Xiao, look! You're as tall as me now at least!" I continue teasing him, using my other hand to make a gesture between our foreheads to emphasise that. I gasped looking at his hair, I didn't notice it until now. "Your hair is so much shorter now. Why did you cut it?"

"It was in the way." he tells me, looking annoyed by now.

I reach out to touch his hair. My hand moving to the back of his head, playing with the strands there remembering the times they used to reach his waist. I felt Xiao tense at my touch as his hand, that I still grasped, tightened its hold. I glanced at his face; Xiao was looking down, slightly gritting his teeth and with a bright blush adoring his cheeks. I giggle quietly.

"Stop messing around." he sighs and pinches my cheek before leaving.

I laugh on my own at how cute he can be.

~~~

That night I waited for Zhongli in the living room reading a book from his shelf. The moment he entered I sprung up from the couch, placing the book down, ready to tease him.

"Oh dear brother, you wouldn't guess who I met today." I look at his confused face trying my best to suppress my laugh.

"Do tell Y/n." Zhongli crossed his arms and unknowingly encouraged me to continue my act.

"Oh, you know, just my future brother in law I was never told about." I looked at him, arms folded, copying his stance, and a smirk plastered on my face enjoying the shocked look on Zhongli's face. "I do admire how bold you were giving him those chopsticks. But it looks like the poor boy has no idea. Tsk tsk. I wonder what his reaction will be when he finds out he already has been proposed to. In such an indirect way for him too." I dramatically say.

Zhongli sighed. "He'll know when the time comes."

"I think you're forgetting just how short and fragile human lives are." I rise my brow looking at him seriously this time.

"Don't worry Y/n. I never forget. I'll tell him when the time is right."

"Ugh okay. Do what you want." I roll my eyes at my dumb old brother.