Part 8 - A Child

☆★☆

☆★☆

A few days passed and I still couldn't use my element. I have consulted with Zhongli and the adepti, but came out short; nothing I tried work. The one thing that did somehow still work, was my transformation between human and dragon.

Never in my life have I heard of a god to lose their powers. I don't use a vision so it shouldn't be possible, yet here I was.

☆★☆

3rd Person POV

All the adepti, along with their god, were gathered together.

Zhongli sighed looking at everyone's faces. All of them wore sorrowful expressions thinking of their second god's situation, her powerless and ill state; all but one. Xiao was the only one that looked guilty. Zhongli walked up to the yaksha and placed his hand on the younger's shoulder.

"It's not your fault. Y/n will get her powers back. She'll be okay." the god reassured his subordinate.

Xiao did not look up. The guilt was eating him from the inside. The accident that caused her to go into deep sleep was all his fault. He blamed himself for it all and the voices did not help him. Since the moment he saved her from the ruined guard a few days ago, the image of her bloodied and weak state hunted him every time he closed his eyes. They kept whispering to him over and over again:

It's all your fault.

If you weren't there she would have not ended up like that.

You're the reason her state is worsening.

She hates you.

She blames you.

She regrets saving you.

She wishes you never existed.

He snapped out of his trance once everyone started leaving. Zhongli noticed the distressed look Xiao wore, but chose to not push him. He knew more than anyone, the yaksha needed time alone.

☆★☆

Reader POV

I walked around Liyue Harbor like usual, watching the people go by their day and, from time to time, admiring the gems and jewellery that caught my eye. As I was caught up examining such a jewellery, someone bumped into me almost knocking me back. I look down noticing a child with a kite in his arms.

"Sorry miss." he apologies.

"It's alright. Be careful next time. But I don't think a busy street is the best place to fly a kite." I told him.

"Do you know a place miss?" he asked looking at me expectantly.

"Of course! I know the best place." I could see his eyes sparkle.