Chapter fifteen: back to Kanto with a prankster

Author's notes: Hello everyone, I'm back and this time, it seems like I'm actually on time for once! I'm very happy that I got enough time to write out my chapter and also, now I have time to write a second chapter for 'can a demon fox become the devil king?'... Anyways, Let's recap what happened last time.

*recap*

Ash, along with Cynthia and Diantha got a Key stone each from professor Sycamore in exchange for allowing said professor to gather data about both Ash's Greninja as well as Cynthia and Diantha's respective mega evolved pokemon.

Ash battled Cynthia first and won with mostly ease and then won against Diantha with almost as much ease, Diantha's type advantage making the battle a little harder than Cynthia's neutral battle.

Chapter fifteen: back to Kanto with a prankster

*Last chapter*

He watched Serena coming closer and something clicked in his head. "Oh right, Serena, someone asked me to let her out when I see you... Professor! Sophie! Come here! I have something to show you two! Think of this as a thanks for giving us the Key stones!" he shouted.

The two older people made their way over to the group of teens and looked at Ash questioningly. Ash grinned as he pulled out a pokeball and threw it into the air.

As the pokeball opened, mew came out with a somersault. Professor Sycamore dropped back like a sack of potatoes, unconscious while Sophie was gaping at the little legendary pheline.

Mew looked around and went towards Ash but after she continued looking around, she saw serena. "Serena!" she screamed in her pokespeech as she tackled the girl back. Serena laughed. "Hey mew, It's good to see you again." she said.

*now*

Aria and Sophie, being the only ones who had no Idea about Ash's mew, other than Sycamore who was laying on the ground unconscious, both looked in absolute shock at the small feline legendary pokemon as it interacted with Serena, someone who apparently was one of the people Mew got close to.

"I see you are doing well, Mew. I'm happy to see you still remember me.." Serena said to the small pink pokemon that was in her arms.

Mew pouted at Serena, that or what Serena translated into a pout. "You thought I wouldn't remember you? You are mean! And after I directed Ash to where you were wounded leading to him saving you I thought you knew me better than that!" she said telepathically into Serena's head, her tone of voice reflecting how hurt she was.

Serena patted Mew's head. "Don't be like that, Mew. you know what I meant. I haven't seen you in over two years so I was afraid you might have forgotten about me..." she explained.

Mew huffed as she turned her head to the side.

Ash laughed at the two as he walked over.

He stood at their side and wrapped the two in a hug. "Come now, Mew. don't be angry at Serena... She is just glad to know that you still remember her. You both missed each other a lot so don't fight now...." he said warmly as Mew and Serena looked at each other.

Mew lowered her head as she nodded. "Sorry... I just really missed you and expected you to be happy to see me..." she said quietly in Ash and Serena's heads.

Ash released their embrace as he kissed Serena's cheek. "I think you can take it from here. Have fun you two!" he said, walking over to check on the unconscious professor.

Serena looked at Mew as she smiled. "But I did miss you... both you and Ash. I missed you a lot. It was pretty lonely without you two and the rest of Ash's pokemon... It was only me and my mom so I didn't really have much to do..." she explained.