A story and an explination

They were so fast it was hard to keep track of them but we could clearly see that they were doing crazy tricks that were of course life threatening. We all gasped.When they landed he dismounted the dragon and came over to us. Fishlegs ( who always was interested in new dragons) was speechless.

:TIME SKIP: After Dinner

{Astrid's pov}

I was still curious about what happened to hiccup after he went missing like why does he only have one leg? and what's with the nasty scar on his cheek that i suddenly notice. I decide to get some answers.

"Hiccup?"

"Yeah"

"What happened to your leg?"

Everyone went quiet when i asked the and they all stare at him and i see the discomfort in his eyes, but i press on.

"I believe we deserve to know since we all thought you were dead for the last five years"

"ok,ok, I lost my leg after I battled the queen"

What? Hiccup defeated the queen?How?

"You?Killed the queen?yeah right" said Snotlout. I elbowed him in the arm.

"So that's where you got that scar on your face?"I say

"No"

"Where did you get it then?"

A haunted look came over him.I can see he is having bad memories.

"let's just say the Romans don't care if you're a kid they will torture you the same as if you were an adult"

We all drew in a gasp, the Romans were renowned for torture of the worst and grusum kind and for no-one surviving their treatment of prisoners for longer than a week.

"How long were you there?"

He sighed."Three years, nine months and 28 days. Each one filled with pain. That's how long I was there until I could escape"

"Three years? How? what did they do to you?"

{Hiccups pov}

I could tell that if I didn't tell them I wouldn't get my much-needed rest so I told them.

"It all started when I left, I went to find and destroy the nest,it eventually ended with me having a semi-severed left leg after falling from Toothless.That's when the Romans appeared they had seen me riding Toothless and wanted me train dragons for them, of course I said no so they loaded me on board their ships. Toothless escaped and tried to rescue me but got a broken wing and had to retreat. Then I passed out."

Silence filled the air.

"When i woke i was in a torture chamber, a captain came in and punched me to the ground then started kicking me. He asked me to train dragons for them, I said no. He tore of my semi-severed leg. He tried a second time, and as you know I can be pretty stubborn when I want so he pushed me against a post and tied my hands then got out a whip and whipped me, 25 lashes, each one taking away some flesh. He asked me again, I refused, another 25 lashes. They continued that for a whole year along with other methods, light deprivation, starvation and other things I don't want to mention. And that was only the first year. The second year the got serious."

Everyone even Snotlout was lost for words until Astrid spoke up.

"I probably don't want to know, but what did the do the second year?"

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Next chapter continues his story