Mentor and Apprentice, Reunited

"So what's been going on?" asked Gobber as they were making there way back to the camp.

"Gobber before we get there you should know we have changed our way of thinking "

"Whatcha mean?"

"Ok, soon after we got here we found someone one the beach......he had a night fury with him. He told us everything he had been through since he got lost at sea when he was younger and how he had befriended dragons he taught us that dragons are amazing and kind and loyal......he changed our way of living for the better. He told us how to gain a dragon's loyalty and friendship. All of us have our own dragon, well the twins share a Zippleback but still. We now live with the dragons and it's amazing." When Astrid was finished she looked over to see Gobbers reaction. Surprisingly he just looked thoughtful.

After a minute he spoke "So what happened to this lad?, I'd like to have a nice chat about this new way of life."

Astrid was hesitant, she had no way to be sure that Gobber wasn't going to just kill Hiccup and then leave. After all it was a major deviation from tradition but she discarded that thought, it wasn't like Gobber to just kill someone without hearing their side of the story.

"Oh, he stayed with us, he's up at camp and I'm sure he would be happy to....meet you."

*************************

"So, where is this lad? I want to meet him."

They were back at camp and Fishlegs, Ruffnut, Tuffnut and Snotlout were getting things ready for the trip home the next day, Hiccup was still hiding probably in a tree writing in his notebook like he always does and Astrid was talking to Goober as he was eating.

Suddenly there was rustling in the trees above and from it dropped a figure.

"Hello, Gobber. Miss me?"

Gobbers jaw slackened and he stared at what was undoubtedly his former apprentice.

"Hic-Hiccup,is that you lad?"

Hiccup smiled widely at seeing his old mentor. He went up to him and embraced him in a giant man-hug clapping him on the back several times.

"yes Gobber it's me "