S1 E1 - Red Light, Green Light {Part 3}

Ji-ah joined a line with the girl she helped and she stood and moved when the line began to go down. Once she got to the front, one of the cerise jumpsuited people handed a piece of paper to sign, she carefully but quickly read it and signed it. When she was done, she left the line and went to the back to wait on everyone else.

Once everyone was done, a voice came from the speakers.

"The game is about to begin, all players follow the staff's instructions and proceed to the game hall."

Ji-ah followed behind other people and they entered a bright and colourful room with many stairs and shapes on the walls. They reached a station where you had to take your picture and Ji-ah lifted up her leg, made finger guns with her hands, winked and smiled as she opened her mouth. The picture was taken and Ji-ah laughed a little.

Everyone had now got their picture taken and were now walking up the many stairs and to a building where two large doors opened. The players stepped out and glanced around as it looked like they were in a large field or something.

The voice from a speaker was heard again.

"Welcome to the first game, all players please wait a moment on the field."

The voice repeated it again and Ji-ah squinted as at the far end of the field, she could see a tree with an extremely tall doll standing in front of it. The doors to the houses were shut and the voice was heard again.

"The first game is Red Light, Green Light."

Ji-ah thought to herself.

Wasn't that the password to get into the van?

The doll turned around and faced the tree, the arm was lifted up as the announcer continued speaking.

"You can move forward while it shouts out "Green Light", but stop when it says "Red Light." If your movement is detected afterwards, you will be eliminated."

Ji-ah thought to herself again as she seemed familiar with the name.

We're playing a children's game?

The woman, continued.

"Those who cross the finish line without getting caught in five minutes, pass the round. Let the game begin."

Everyone got ready and the time began counting down. The doll then talked.

"Green light."

Two players made a run for it as some followed reluctantly.

"Red light."

Ji-ah paused and Player 324 lost his balance a little bit, the speaker announced.

"Player 324. Eliminated."

There was a split second of silence until a bang was heard, the player fell to the floor and everyone watched in anticipation and confusion. Ji-ah's eyes widened and she thought.

There was no way he was just shot, right? This is a kids game.

But her thought was put to the side for the time being as the doll spoke again.

"Green Light."

Some players walked forward and Player 250 went up to the guy on the floor.

"Red Light."

Ji-ah couldn't hear what the guy was saying until she saw some blood splutter out of Player 324's mouth. Player 250 backed up and started to run away, but he was shot in front of everyone, blood splattered onto a woman's face and she held her hands on her face before letting out a loud scream as she saw blood on her hands.

She then got shot and that made more players start to run away, but Ji-ah was frozen to the ground with her eyes closed and was thankful that no one bumped into her. But she was not thankful to hear a large majority of people getting brutally shot. She mumbled to herself.

This shit's crazy!

Ji-ah's heart was beating so loudly and she breathed out when there were no more gunshots, she opened her eyes and the speaker announced.

"Let me repeat, you can move forward while it shouts out, "Green Light", but stop if it says "Red Light". If your movement is detected afterwards, you will be eliminated."

She repeated it again and Ji-ah had to stop herself from shaking as there was a dead person right next to her, blood pouring out of his head. The doll turned again and spoke.

"Green Light."

No one moved other than Player 001, he stopped when the doll had told him to and then when the next "Green Light" was heard, he moved to the front and stopped again.

The next "Green Light" was heard and now other players began moving forwards. Ji-ah's pounding heart was beginning to slow down and she stopped when the doll announced, "Red Light".

Two people were shot and now the doll was talking faster, making everyone move and stop as fast as they could. Several more people were shot.

More movement, more people were shot. Ji-ah was getting closer and in her peripheral vision, she could see Player 067 grab the back of Player 101's hair and taunt him. She then pulled him back and got in front of him when it was time to move.

Ji-ah ignored the sound of gunshots and bodies hitting the ground and glanced at the time to see that 2 minutes was remaining.

Luckily, Ji-ah narrowly missed a deceased person's hand as she almost stepped on it.

As time was quickly running out, Ji-ah made her way to the finish line and tried to ignore the smell and feel of blood on her face when someone was shot in front of her. She bit her tongue and swore when her feet were beginning to get sweaty and made her shoes feel like she was gonna slip.

But with 20 seconds to spare, she jumped over the line and fell to the floor, out of breath and relieved. She then watched as some made it over the line and some didn't. Player 067 was next to Ji-ah and they both watched as player 456 tripped on a deceased players arm and nearly fell to the ground, but Player 199 came in clutch and grabbed the back of his jacket, they both stayed as still as they could as the doll turned towards them, but when she turned back towards the tree, they set off running again.

With 3 seconds to spare, the two players launched themselves over the line and thankfully made it before the time had run out.

When the said time had run out, the people who did not make it, were shot dead.

Ji-ah looked at all the dead people and was thankful that she was not one of them, but also felt bad for the ones who did die.

Everyone who was over the finish line was trying to calm their breathing and such and looked up as the ceiling began to shut over them, making them all wonder where the fuck they are and what the fuck had just happened within the space of 5 minutes.